Coordinator, Client Services
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Reporting to the Manager, Client Services, this Coordinator, Client Services is part of a team that manages and supports a large roster of distributed record labels. The responsibilities include driving adoption of The Orchard’s industry leading tools, managing releases through the supply chain, and liaising with various internal departments to ensure our labels’ needs are met. This person should have an understanding of the digital music landscape with a focus on metadata and digital best practices, a keen eye for detail and a love for all types of music is a must.
• Responsible for QCing and approving metadata and artwork in accordance with production deadlines and The Orchard content guidelines
• Oversee the complete life-cycle of audio and video products from ingestion to delivery
• Troubleshoot and resolve any issues in a timely manner
• Process updates and deletions
• Assist on various special projects as needed?
• Help labels with any inquiries/issues concerning their contracts, distribution, payment, sync licensing, and rights management
• Drive adoption of the Orchard Workstation and its suite of expanding features
• Educate labels on marketing best practices
• Supreme attention to detail, multi-tasking, and follow-through skills required
• Experience with social media and digital music platforms
• Understanding of the music distribution landscape
The ideal candidate is:
• Patient and empathetic with all clients
• An effective communicator on phone, email, and in person
• Resourceful and takes initiative - an expert troubleshooter
• Passionate about music and the music industry
The Orchard is a leading music distribution company distributing music from artists such as Ozuna, Jorja Smith, Run The Jewels and Kelsea Ballerini. With cutting edge operations and an unparalleled global team, The Orchard partners with companies of all sizes to make their music available across hundreds of digital outlets and physical retailers around the world. At The Orchard, the focus is to provide a comfortable, social and engaging environment to encourage productivity and creativity.
The Orchard is a leading music distribution company operating in over 40 markets worldwide. With a comprehensive artist & label services offering including full-service marketing, sync licensing, comprehensive video services, transparent data analysis, advertising, rights management, digital and physical distribution and more, The Orchard empowers creators and businesses to grow and adapt in the dynamic global industry. For further information, visit our website.
The Orchard is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.