Coordinator, Business & Legal Affairs & A&R Administration
Sony MusicCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
As a Coordinator, Business and Legal Affairs you will directly support the A&R Admin Department and 2 attorneys with everyday functions of the office. Additionally, the position requires additional support to back-up additional attorneys and interaction with staff throughout the company.
What you'll do:
• Perform administrative tasks for assigned supervisors (answering phones, sorting mail, manage calendars, maintain contact lists, arrange meetings, make travel arrangements, process expenses, draft correspondence, order supplies, scan & file contracts/agreements, maintain legal binders, etc.)
• Maintain and/or circulate multiple internal rosters on a monthly basis.
• Maintain weekly status sheet reports for content protection.
• Submit and oversee AFTRA royalty artists for RCA.
• Distribute and collect paperwork to new artist's management.
• Research & pull agreements from Internal Filing System; circulating paperwork (physically and digitally).
• Follow up with A&R Administrators and BLA attorneys about agreements and paperwork.
• Prepare time sensitive agreements & other documents for execution; distribute agreements & related correspondence.
• Proofread and edit agreements and deal memos as needed.
• Prepare and distribute Music Video Agreements on an as needed basis, follow up with production companies in order to ensure all necessary releases are received.
Who you are:
• Bachelor's Degree preferred.
• Minimum (1) year previous work or internship experience, ideally in a legal capacity required.
• Basic knowledge of the music industry, entertainment law and/or intellectual property preferred.
• Previous experience within the music or entertainment industry is strongly preferred.
• Experience working with contracts and various intellectual property matters preferred.
• Experience working with confidential and sensitive content preferred.
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
• Ability to prioritize, multi-task, problem solve and work well under pressure.
• Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills.
• Strong written, verbal, analytical and interpersonal skills.
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey.
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork.
• Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching.
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans.
• We invest in your professional growth & development.
• Time off for a winter recess.
• The anticipated annual base salary for this position is $40k to $50K. This range does not include any other compensation components or other benefits that an individual may be eligible for. The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job.
This position requires that the job candidate be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that an applicant will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson's Janssen vaccine). The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.