Coordinator, A&R Administration and Label Relations
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Coordinator of A&R Administration and Label Relations reports to the Senior Director of A&R Administration and Director of A&R Label Relations, works closely with A&R Operations, Business & Legal Affairs, and artist representatives in handling all ''non-creative'' aspects of the recording process and label waivers for side artist clearances. This position also includes, but is not limited to, the following:
• Issuing PO # and processing, circulating, and posting recording related payments to artists, producers, remixers, sample licensors, studios, and engineers.
• Liaising with new vendors and setting them up for payment in Sony’s proprietary systems, coordinating with Sony’s AP team to confirm that all tax forms, discographies, and banking details are on file.
• Drafting and sending contractual correspondence to recipients and internal archives.
• Preparing and/or reviewing AFM and SAG-AFTRA contracts for all participants on a given release.
• Creating royalty account numbers for project participants.
• Submitting journal entry re-class requests to Finance for booking in SAP.
• Completing ad hoc projects and financial analyses as requested.
• Providing regular updates to internal stakeholders on the status of clearances for any upcoming release and any relevant clearance terms to be implemented.
• Helping to maintain status charts of all current waivers.
• Assist in procuring approvals for Epic features on third party releases.
• General administrative duties as required.
• College Degree required.
• Understanding of the recording process and the music business as a whole.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Solid communication and organizational skills are essential.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook); ability to learn new technologies easily and adopt new systems.
• Must pay great attention to detail and have strong follow-up skills.
• Must be able to work independently.
• Requires someone who can troubleshoot.
• Must be able to make decisions or be able to enlist the right person to help.
• Must be able to multi-task with little effort and accomplish tasks in a timely manner.
• Must be able to interact well with others and form good working relationships with many departments.
• Patience and flexibility are also essential, as terms and conditions change on a daily basis.
• Must be comfortable working with confidential information.
• Must deal with everyone – from interns to senior executives to artists – in a professional and respectful manner.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.