Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Content Coordinator will work to support the Content team at Legacy/Commercial Music Group (Sony’s catalog division) as well as liaison between the Content team and the other departments of CMG to effectively ideate, plan and execute the projects being created for the CMG release schedules. This position will support the Content Team in their day-to-day duties, by successfully accomplishing the following responsibilities:
• Support Content team to further development and understanding of production, project management, creative, and editorial in the hopes of eventually taking on some of those responsibilities themselves down the line.
• Help manage and onboard freelance producers, vendors and content creators.
• Create PO’s, process invoices, complete vendor paperwork, and follow up on payments for all third parties.
• Help to traffic and manage workflow and requests for the video editors as well as work to track and route requests to the Art Department for the content team.
• Work closely with Video Production team to ensure proper Budgets and Cue Sheets are submitted.
• Stay “in the know”on what is happening in the world of content with regards to trends, and new and existing platforms and mediums.
• Help oversee general workflow and operations through programs like Asana and Smartsheet to work with other departments to process requests.
• Provide general admin support as needed to VP, Head of Content and occasional support as needed to the rest of the Content team.
• Maintain and help to grow and vet third party and freelancer database.
• Initiate Work Orders for IT, Facilities, A/V, Communications, etc.
• Coordination and oversight of internship program for the Content team.
• At least 1 year of prior experience in either production/ content creation, operations or administrative role.
• Must have a College degree.
• Extensive knowledge of social media tools (Snapchat, FB, IG, YT), streaming service (Spotify, Pandora, SoundCloud, Apple Music), Microsoft Office, and the ability to pick-up computer systems/programs quickly.
• Understanding of accounting, budgets and other financial concepts.
• Critical attention to details, as well as the ability to look at the bigger picture.
• Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to manage priorities and meet deadlines.
• Strong people and relationship building skills.
• Outstanding project management skills.
• General understanding of content strategy, platforms and content creation.
• Deep passion and curiosity for how, why, what and where content is consumed.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
• Ability to maintain a calm temperament in a fast-paced environment.
• Knowledge of Asana, Smartsheet, Box, Shutterstock, and Photoshop a plus.
• Deep knowledge of and passion for music.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.