College Marketing Video / Design Rep
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
About Sony Music Entertainment
Sony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. Sony Music Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America.
As a College Marketing Graphic/Video Design Rep, you should be a digitally creative college student who is skilled in either graphic design or video design. Although the majority of your time will be spent providing digital contributions, you must also be an enthusiastic, outgoing individual with a goal to pursue opportunities that will help you develop professional skills that will prepare you for a career within the entertainment industry. You will gain valuable experience and real world opportunities to utilize your skillset, while learning about the music business and getting your foot in the door at one of the world's leading entertainment companies. You will use your experience to assist in bringing marketing campaigns to life under the direction of the Sony Music U Management team while being exposed and nurtured to pursue careers across various functions and departments.
Sony Music U plays an essential role in the development and roll out of Sony Music's emerging and established artists. Our College Marketing Graphic/Video Design Rep maintains all of the responsibilities as any of our College Marketing Representatives but also assists in the creation of any digital initiatives developed by the SMU management team. Job responsibilities include organizing listening events, creating social media content, executing marketing activations, interacting closely with campus groups and liaising with record stores and lifestyle shops to help our artists reach fans.
As a College Marketing Graphic/Video Design Rep you will be asked to participate in our digital strategy while also serving as the face of SME on your campus, and executing all tasks related to the title. There is an expectation that digital/social initiative will live on the approved social pages you manage on a semi-permanent basis.
• Generate excitement for Sony artists, partners and other company initiatives through digital asset creation.
• Create/design graphics that drive awareness to the SMU brand on social media
• Promote Sony artists and projects via your personal social media accounts
• Maintain and represent a positive image of the SMU brand at all times
• Provide feedback and ideas on artists and/or projects on a regular basis
• Maintain timely communication with our New York-based management team and participate in departmental conference calls
• Attend shows and project-related events on behalf of Sony Music
• You must be currently enrolled as a full-time college student or have graduated within the past (6) months
• You have high engagement and a strong social following across your social media accounts
• You must commit to utilizing your social media to assist in the marketing of Sony Music artists
• You are looking to pursue a career in the entertainment industry
• You are knowledgeable, passionate and have an interest discovering new music across all genres
• You are organized, disciplined and ready to be an advocate for SME
For more information about Sony Music U, feel free to check us out.