College Marketing Representative Alternative
Sony MusicWashington, DC
This was removed by the employer on 9/16/2019 5:49:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for College Marketing Representative Alternative jobs in Washington-DC
Search all College Marketing Representative Alternative postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a College Marketing Representative Alternative? Sony Music U plays an essential part in the development of Sony Music's emerging artists and also assists in the roll out of established artists. Among the myriad of functions and responsibilities, our College Marketing Reps organize listening events, interact closely with various campus groups, independent record stores, lifestyle shops (skate shops, cafes, barber shops, clothing stores, etc.) and are also very active across social media platforms. We ask our reps to spread awareness for our priority projects via social media, therefore you will be asked to utilize your personal accounts. This is a part time role that requires a commitment of approximately 20 hours a week. The College Rep position is a great way to learn about the music business, gain marketing experience, and get your foot in the door of one of the world’s leading entertainment companies. We work with ALL Sony companies including but not limited to: Columbia Records, Epic Records, RCA Records, Legacy Recordings, Sony Masterworks, Sony Nashville & Sony Electronics.
• Generate excitement for our artists through social media marketing & traditional grassroots marketing
• Partner with various campus organizations in order to increase awareness for specific campaigns and activations
• Willingness to build & grow new relationships throughout your market with influencers, music related groups, blogs, etc.
• Set up and execute meaningful opportunities on or around campus for our developing artists
• Provide feedback on artists and/or projects on a regular basis
• Attend shows on behalf of Sony Music and provide detailed reports including videos, photos and general feedback of the performance
• Establish and maintain relationships with local lifestyle shops (cafes, venues, clothing stores, etc.) for marketing / visibility purposes
• Regularly submit recap reports of marketing efforts (3 to 5 reports a week)
• Contribute to marketing campaigns on the Sony Electronics side, focusing on products geared towards the college demographic
• Maintain timely communication with our NY based management team & participate in departmental bi-weekly conference calls
• Currently enrolled as a full-time Undergraduate college student with (2) or more years before graduation
• Maintain timely communication with our management team in New York City (note this is a remote position)
• Knowledge & passion for the current music scene, specifically indie pop, indie rock, EDM, singer-songwriter & pop music
• Must live within 30 minutes of the city you are applying for
• Great time management and organizational skills
• Strong appreciation for music and a passion for discovering new music
• • Need immediate access to a car, or reliable public transportation
• Computer, phone & camera are mandatory This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.