Associate Director, Strategy & Corporate Development
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Orchard has an immediate opening for an Associate Director, Strategy & Corporate Development - New York.
The ideal candidate will serve as a key member of the Strategy & Corporate Development team reporting directly to the SVP, Strategy and Corporate Development. In this position you will be a strategic thought partner who will advise and influence decisions which have a real impact on the business. You will help drive growth and be empowered to deliver impactful business analysis. Additionally, you’ll play a key part in developing strategy and driving insightful business decisions across the organization.
• Collaborate across functions (including Legal, Finance and Human Resources) to identify and evaluate both acquisition and investment opportunities
• Build consensus amongst cross-functional teams, influence decision-making within senior leaders, and help drive management team decisions
• Develop and maintain relationships with key internal and external partners
• Understand and stay current on various regional markets, industry trends, the competitive landscape, and internal product development efforts to evaluate business opportunities
• Identify and engage potential M&A or investment opportunities via personal and event networking, independent research, industry meet-ups, and cold outreach
• Build connections with investors and start-up ecosystems and industry experts
• Manage and continue to grow a high-performing group of individuals supporting this function
• Provide day-to-day strategy and operations support
• Prepare financial models for new signings, acquisitions, and business ventures
• Collaborate with foreign divisions to develop analysis for presentation to senior management
• Analyze financial data to draw conclusions and make recommendations to management
• Track annual investment spending and prepare appropriate reports for senior management review
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
• 5-8 years of experience working in a strategic capacity in management consulting firms, investment banking, marketing strategy or corporate strategy roles.
• Strong communication skills and a proven track record of communicating a vision and roadmap along with the resourcing needs to achieve it
• Ability to build strategic plans and execute against them
• An understanding of the industry landscape and ability to harness it to manage our deals and business opportunities
• Quantitative modeling, strategic thinking, and sound business judgment
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high intensity, and rapidly evolving environment
• Ability to operate successfully in a cross-functional environment, build relationships, and influence managers
• Ability to interface with senior management and lead project meetings with executives as your audience
• Clear, logic-based decision-making with a sense of urgency around meeting business objectives
• Prior experience presenting to executives and senior leadership
• Strong project management skills, including the ability to think end-to-end, manage long-term projects, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and manage teams
• Ability to be innovative and suggest changes/improvements within scope of work
• Anticipate needs and create an efficient and effective process
The Orchard is a leading music distribution company operating in over 40 markets worldwide – distributing music from independent artists including Ozuna, Skepta, Jorja Smith, John Prine, and Kelsea Ballerini. With cutting edge operations and an unparalleled global team, The Orchard partners with labels of all sizes to make their music and video available across hundreds of digital and physical retailers around the world. At The Orchard, the focus is to provide a comfortable, social and engaging environment to encourage productivity and creativity.
About The Orchard®?
The Orchard is a leading music distribution company operating in over 40 markets worldwide. With a comprehensive artist & label services offering including full-service marketing, sync licensing, comprehensive video services, transparent data analysis, advertising, rights management, digital and physical distribution and more, The Orchard empowers creators and businesses to grow and adapt in the dynamic global industry. For further information, visit our website.
The Orchard is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.