Associate Director, Sales Analytics
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Associate Director of Sales Analytics will be an integral part of the Label Sales Analytics team that provides streaming, sales and market share information and analysis across each of Sony's labels. The Associate Director will perform deep dive analyses to answer business critical questions posed by senior leaders to understand the latest trends across the music industry, competitors, digital streaming partners, and consumers. The Associate Director will also be involved with creating the next generation of reports, dashboards, and analytical approaches to assess the performance of our artists, albums and track releases. The analysis and reporting will be used to drive decision making related to numerous aspects of the music label business including marketing and promotional plans, sales and social campaigns, and release strategies.
• Perform deep dive analyses to understand the latest trends across the music industry, competitors, digital streaming partners, and consumer behavior and share those insights in the weekly executive sales meeting attended by representatives of all Sony labels
• Use a data based approach to answer business critical questions posed by senior leaders of US Sales, the Global Digital Business, and the Labels
• Develop new tools, reports, dashboards and methodologies to assess the performance of new track and album releases that can be utilized across all labels
• Manage the weekly executive sales deck and evolve it to stay ahead of an ever changing industry
• Continually monitor label and competitive market share shifts, understand driving forces behind changes, and identify opportunities to grow share and revenues
• Analyze Nielsen industry market share and maintain weekly & monthly reporting
• Regularly update and maintain sales and streaming projection models
• Measure impact of media and live performances on streaming at the consumer level
• Develop and maintain consumer segmentation based on streaming preferences and patterns
• Analyze track decay patterns based on stream, sales and radio performance
• Implement techniques to analyze Sony labels' track performance on playlists from our various streaming partners
• Create ad-hoc reports and analysis based on direction from senior executive management
• Perform deep dive streaming, playlisting and sales analysis based on direction from specific label sales teams.
• Understand data sources and systems to ensure data integrity and report accuracy
• Interact with IT to resolve technical issues and implement enhancements to sales reporting systems
• 5 years of experience in sales analytics or related field
• Music industry experience preferred, but not required. It is expected the candidate will be knowledgeable about how the music business operates and about the evolving digital landscape
• Analytical mindset - ability to identify trends in large datasets, display creativity in problem-solving, and generate new ideas
• Advanced Excel skills (Pivot tables, VLookups, etc.) as well as PowerPoint.
• Experience with data analytics/visualization software (Tableau, QlikView, Looker, Alteryx, etc.)
• Proficient in SQL; experience with R or Python a plus
• Understand how to present data clearly – orally, in writing, and in presentations
• Be organized and handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Strong ability to communicate actionable insights to label executives and key stakeholders
• Possess a ''customer service'' mentality to ensure the needs of labels and senior management are met in a timely and satisfactory manner
• Passion for music and desire to build a career in the industry
About Sony Music Entertainment
Sony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. Sony Music Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.