Associate Director, Risk & Controls
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
As an Associate Director, Risk & Controls, you will be a part of our Risk & Controls department, which sits within Sony Music Entertainment (SME) Global Finance Group and based at 25 Madison Ave in New York. With a heavier focus on internal controls over financial reporting, this full time position would be involved in a myriad of projects including but not limited to Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) compliance (both IS&T and business controls management), business process and IT internal controls initiatives and governance, corporate audit issues & remediation management, business continuity and crisis management initiatives. Additionally, you should be enthusiastic, able to multi-task, comfortable interacting with all levels of the business including our external auditors and Sony Corporations Internal Auditors (RCD), open to wearing multiple hats, a team player and have an overall interest in the financial operations of a music and entertainment company.
What you'll do:
• Coordinate multiple testing cycles across both application and business personnel, to accurately document, assess and test in-scope applications, business processes, key reports and controls.
• Complete detailed review of all IT SOX testing as well as all SOX business testing.
• Recommend SOX related actions that are pragmatic, achievable, and partner with management to resolve deficiencies as a result of testing.
• Effectively provide executive management with updates on the operating effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting, as a result of SOX testing.
• Provide a systematic, objective and independent assessment of the operations and global controls within Sony Music and provide guidance on best practices.
• Recommend general control related actions that are pragmatic and achievable, and partner with management to resolve any identified control gaps.
• Interact with a wide variety of personnel to: develop recommendations to remediate control deficiencies; play an active role in implementing the remediation plans; increase audit efficiencies and drive process optimization focusing on IT operations (i.e. change management, logical security, interfaces and scheduled jobs for financial applications and their supporting technologies).
• Supervise other team members and regularly mentor peers and less experienced team members to achieve these goals more effectively. Routinely provide feedback to team members and Senior Director to support professional development.
• Provide any guidance on crisis management, business continuity planning and any financial related risk.
• Participate in special projects and company-wide initiatives as required.
Who you are:
• A Bachelor's or Master's degree in, Information Systems, Accounting, Business, Finance or other appropriate academic major
• At least 7 years of public accounting or relevant experience
• CPA and or CISA is highly recommended
• Strong understanding of internal controls and exposure to Sarbanes Oxley controls (i.e. information technology general controls and business controls) or other corporate governance requirements
• Strong leadership skills, exceptional work ethic and drive for constant development of self and team
What we give you
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
Time off for a winter recess