Associate Director, Podcasting
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Orchard has an immediate opening for a full-time Associate Director, Podcasting. The NYC-based position will be responsible for day-to-day marketing and operations of this business vertical. This role demands a balanced mix of creativity, operational excellence and strong business acumen.
This position reports to The Orchard in New York.
What You'll Do:
• Responsibilities will be focused on day-to-day operations, marketing, and relationships with The Orchard's podcast producers
• Provide guidance to The Orchard's music clients on their marketing strategy and operations, and educate how to monetize or distribute podcasts as appropriate
• Create and execute marketing plans to build audience and promote streams and downloads of The Orchard's Podcast slate
• Regularly communicate with streaming platforms to understand their product development plan, lead discussions on monetization and distribution, and ensure proper placement of The Orchard's Podcast content, and proactively deal with any challenges that arise
• Engage and build relationships with the podcast community to help create promotional opportunities for The Orchard's podcast slate
• Analyze performance metrics to optimize marketing strategies
• Be the subject matter expert and point person responsible for informing management and key stakeholders on the podcast landscape.
Who You Are:
• Strong relationships person
• Proven ability to lead, build and manage high performing teams
• Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills, and ability to influence people at all levels
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in media or creative industries
• Experience working in the podcast industry is a plus
• Undergraduate degree required and MBA desired
What We Give You:
• The ability to tell The Orchard's story.
• An inclusive, collaborative and global community with an opportunity to fuel the creative journey.
• An investment in your professional growth & continued development.
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs..
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching.
• Additional benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans.
About The Orchard
The Orchard is a leading music distribution company operating in 45 markets worldwide – distributing music from independent artists including Ozuna, Skepta, Jorja Smith, and Kelsea Ballerini. With cutting edge operations and an unparalleled global team, The Orchard partners with labels of all sizes to make their music and video available across hundreds of digital and physical retailers around the world. At The Orchard, the focus is to provide a comfortable, social and engaging environment to encourage productivity and creativity.
Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
This position requires that the job candidate be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that an applicant will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson's Janssen vaccine). The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.
The Orchard is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.