Associate Director, Partner Reporting
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The position is a key part of Sony Music Entertainment’s Global Digital Business Group.
The Associate Director, Partner Reporting is responsible for providing insights at the global level regarding the performance of Sony Music’s top digital accounts. This role is responsible for providing global transparency surrounding key Digital Partners, monitoring and reporting Partner performance through data analysis, and insight based on a deep understanding of the KPIs and drivers. This role will be responsible for reporting digital partner results and forecasts to be utilized by account managers and senior management, and creating compelling global analyses to help drive sales, market share, and partner relationships for Sony Music.
This position reports to the Director of Partner Reporting and is part of a team of 3 within the Partner Reporting Team, which reports to the VP of Finance within Sony Music’s Global Digital Business Group.
• Understand and manage multiple digital partner revenue forecasting models - identifying trends in the data and overall digital landscape to increase accuracy and robustness of models
• Responsible for maintaining and distributing key forecast reports each month and reviewing with senior management
• Responsible for an executive view of the top digital accounts and monthly reviews with senior management
• Continue to develop best practices in how sales are reported to the various business units by generating and providing global sales reports to the territories, Global Digital Business Group and senior management
• Conduct deep dive analysis on special projects (focused on topics such as market share, frontline/catalog) and provide support to the partner development team with regards to any ad hoc project requests
• Utilize internal data systems and analytics tools of Sony Music's digital partners to synthesize data into custom insights
• Establish strong relationships with internal teams to gain an understanding of their strategies and objectives
• Influence internal stakeholders at all levels of the organization to take action based on insights generated to seize business opportunities
• Understand data sources and systems to ensure data integrity and report accuracy
• Interact with IT to resolve technical issues and implement enhancements/automation to sales reporting systems
• Assist with developing companywide data management and reporting policies
• 6 years minimum post University experience in sales analysis, reporting and/or finance
• Knowledge of music industry trends related to streaming, digital sales, new business models, and competitive landscape
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills, with an ability to identify trends in large datasets, display creativity in problem solving, and generate new ideas
• Advanced knowledge of all primary MS Office software and advanced Excel skills
• Preferred experience with SQL, Alteryx, Tableau, or other business intelligence / data analytics tools
• It is expected the candidate will be knowledgeable in how a music business operates and of its repertoire and product exploitation in an evolving digital landscape
• Ability to work with technical teams to define business requirements for automated reporting systems
• It is critical the candidate for this role think and perform independently and feel comfortable to work with people from various departments such as Sales, Marketing and IT
• Highly organized team player who is detail oriented
• Ability to thrive in fast paced environment, manage multiple tasks at once and work to deadlines
• Excellent communication and presentation skills to effectively report findings and influence change within the organization
• Passion for music and desire to build a career in the industry
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.