Associate Director, Partner Development
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Associate Director, Partner Development manages Sony Music's macro business relationship with a selection of its largest digital partners globally. The successful candidate will be a global internal expert on the digital accounts they support, and will be responsible for numerous aspects related to their global management, as well as for developing & executing projects and initiatives that optimize revenue / opportunities for Sony Music's artists at those accounts.
will include, but are not limited to, optimizing Sony Music's revenue at each account, initiation and management of projects to optimize account level opportunities, educating all levels of the business about key aspects of the partner businesses and being a key global contact for both the partner and internal stakeholders with respect to Sony Music's evolving business with these accounts.
What you'll do:
• Quickly develop extensive expertise and assume global responsibility for numerous aspects of Sony Music's key distribution partnerships.
• Work with finance teams on business planning and forecasting, and implement and maintain regular communication of updates & insight.
• Collaborate with the Partner Development analytics team to synthesize data from internal data systems and partner analytics tools into custom insights and actionable findings.
• Help develop & implement long term strategy for optimizing outcomes with allocated partners.
• Project management across various activities related to the partner. This could include supporting content strategies, reporting integration, ongoing analysis of partner performance, problem solving, etc.
• Help develop & execute new revenue initiatives with respect to allocated partners, and work with the wider Partner Development team on cross-partner initiatives to drive wider-landscape customer acquisition and ARPU optimization.
• Build strong relationships with key contacts at allocated partners, and internal stakeholders at all levels: including repertoire owners, international affiliates, operations, reporting & analytics, and senior management.
• Communicate to & educate internal stakeholders at all levels on best practices, operational procedure and complexities, analytics, and other opportunities.
• Establish transparency on performance and make recommendations to correct any under-performance.
Who you are:
• Undergraduate degree required. Graduate degree in business and/or digital marketing a plus.
• 3 years' experience with digital service provider or label in strategy, business development and/or digital marketing.
• Preferably someone with data analytics experience, strong data literacy, and the ability to work with teams to derive insights from large data sets to solve business problems
• Prior experience with data analytical & visualization tools a plus but not required (e.g., SQL, Tableau, Alteryx)
• Pro-active and resourceful go-getter who can flourish in a fast paced and hectic environment by identifying opportunities, coming up with creative solutions to maximize those opportunities, and driving plans through to completion.
• Outstanding attention to detail / results driven with a keen eye for data.
• Genuine passion for the music industry and growth of digital music sector. Interest in established and emerging social media platforms.
• Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills; strong presentation skills a plus
• Preferably someone who has developed expertise with all commercial models within the digital content landscape, including streaming, download and user-generated content models.
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
• Time off for a winter recess
• The anticipated annual base salary for this position is $120k to $140k. This range does not include any other compensation components or other benefits that an individual may be eligible for. The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.