Associate Director, Licensing
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
As an Associate Director, Licensing you'll pitch RCA frontline repertoire to advertising agencies, film & TV studios, video game companies, trailer houses and music supervisors. Further develop relationships with contacts in order to secure deals. Create ideas and successfully turn those ideas into exposure for our artists and income for the company. Negotiate deals with clients and prepare information for papering by contracts team.
What you'll do:
• Pitch ideas to those contacts that are realistic and creative.
• Organize events to highlight the talent of our artists such as showcases, dinners, meeting and luncheons
• Negotiate and quote on master use requests across all medias by gauging the value of the artist/song in the current landscape as well as the label's desire to promote that artist/song.
• Close six figure deals.
• Draft license agreement points on a case-by-case basis particularly for agreements that include non-traditional licensing terms such as ownership of the master, royalty provisions, special holdback periods, etc.
• Research recording agreements and have thorough understanding of the legal terms affecting the job's function
Who you are:
• Experienced professional with 5-7 years in the entertainment business (Film, TV, Advertising, Video Games, and/or Music) - 3 years of which are required to be in a music licensing capacity at a junior executive level.
• In-depth understanding of Music Licensing – knowing the difference between masters and publishing rights, understanding samples and side artists and the effect they have on our ability to license, importance of keeping detailed records on music sent to contacts and terms of previous deals, maintaining positive relationships with all contacts while simultaneously getting the best deal terms possible.
• Highly organized candidate with an analytical personality type.
• Experienced handling multiple projects and deals at once.
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
Time off for a winter recess
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.