Associate Director, International Marketing
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The International Marketing team provides international exploitation services for all US based frontline labels within Sony Music USA.
• Product manage all aspects of US signed artist’s international recorded music career.
• Work with US label, artist management and foreign markets to develop launch plans, ongoing marketing campaigns and artist development strategies for US signed frontline releases.
• Plan and schedule global promotional trips including travel, budgets, media events, showcases, junkets and interviews and performances across all media. This often includes booking and coordinating artist, management and band travel, work visas and routing.
• Work closely with digital team to create and execute int’l digital campaigns -via mobile, social media, platforms, portals, video/song premieres, CPC campaigns, etc.
• Manage release planning of all commercial and promotional physical and digital products.
• Create album and single based products for promotion and commercial exploitation overseas.
• Create non-music based promotional and commercial content such as generic interviews, track by track, epk’s TV spots, audio and video id’s, behind-the-scenes and b-roll video footage for international exploitation.
• Help affiliates from over 50 countries clear and source content for local promotional, co-op and retail initiatives, and coordinate production and approval process for all artist products.
• Set up and oversee promotional schedule, photo shoots, media interviews, and performances etc. in conjunction with the US label, artist mgmt. and affiliates.
• Oversee int’l tour marketing activities including facilitating ticket and interview requests, radio shows, and radio visits.
• Document and report progress and sales to VP, affiliates, senior management and artist management.
• Prepare all marketing and artist related materials for senior management presentations.
• Coordinate frontline album campaigns with ICBM to maximize sales across an artist’s catalog.
• College BA or equivalent.
• 5-7 years related experience in areas such as: marketing, promotion, event planning, tour marketing, and publicity.
• Must be “fluent” with technology / avid user of mobile and computers; PC (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook etc); Mac OS (keynote, itunes, etc).
• Strong knowledge of Social Media; Comfortable reading online analytics.
• Recommended Sony Systems to be familiar with: SAMIS, NextBigSound, PRS, GLORES, Digital Exchange.
• Ability to travel internationally frequently.
• Multicultural sensibility and tolerance.
• Strong social skills; ‘Roll with the punches’ attitude; able to deal with big personalities, artists and the like.
• Must thrive in high volume, high energy work place and environment.
• Given time differences, off hours work is to be expected. “Always available” attitude.
• Experience with R&B and hip hop is required.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.