Associate Director, Human Resources
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Associate Director, Human Resources (12MO TEMP ASSIGNMENT)
As an Associate Director, Human Resources you will ensure alignment between individual, business unit and corporate goals and practices and serve as a collaborative and credible activist, operational executor, business ally and talent manager. Reports to and partners with the Vice President, Human Resources. This role although based in NYC has global oversight ( Mexico, India, Poland)
What you'll do:
• Consultant and Activist/Advocate: You will understand the business need and provide a point of view, position and thoughtful solutions to business challenges. Coach and consult on topics such as people management, performance improvement, career development, company policies/practices, and compensation policy/practice.
• Talent Manager / Organizational Designer: You will have an acute focus on how individuals enter, move up, across or out of the organization working with policies, practices and structure that shape how the organization works. You will help drive the diversification of the organization through community outreach, strategic partnerships and partnering with our Talent Acquisition team in NYC on recruitment for positions across our Shared Services team globally.
• Cultural Steward: You will help nurture a culture of innovation, inclusion, and collaboration across the organization and HR team.
• Operational Executor: You will understand and flawlessly execute all the HR fundamentals (hiring, on-boarding, off-boarding, contract administration, training, etc.). This includes partnering with the business and HR support staff to ensure consistent administration of all HR processes and compliance with legal and audit requirements.
• Collaborator: You will partner with VP of HR and the broader HR team and organization in promoting and communicating the vision, mission, structures, processes and people changes within both label groups.
• Business Ally: You will develop a solid understanding of how the business works and stay current on industry challenges, changes and practices and the competitive landscape in order to provide timely and relevant support, guidance and solutions to our business.
Who you are:
• Bachelor's Degree required; major in Industrial/Labor Relations, Human Resources Management, psychology, or other related field preferred
• You have minimum of 5 years as a Human Resources Business Partner and/or Organizational Development professional. Experience practicing HR in a creative industry (music, television, entertainment, advertising, etc.) is strongly preferred
• You have broad working knowledge of the HR discipline (talent acquisition; employee relations; labor relations; performance management; social responsibility, diversity and inclusion, leadership development; training)
• Strategic ability to translate data and metrics into actionable insights
• A passionate and influential thought partner who can make complex decisions and deliver difficult messages with professionalism and empathy
• You have sound cross-functional collaboration skills, can build relationships internally and instill a sense of solidarity across teams
• Consultative in nature with proven ability to instill trust and credibility with senior leaders
• A self-motivated, innovative thinker who is intellectually curious; with a strong general business and HR acumen and a keen interest in the music industry
• Pivots between strategic solutions and executional activities with agility and has the ability to seamlessly adapt to changing business environments and priorities
• PHR (SHRM-CP) or SHPR (SHRM-SP) are preferred certifications
What we give you:
• An opportunity to fuel the creative journey on a global stage
• A modern, diverse and innovative work environment, with offices that include collaboration areas, cafeterias, event spaces, and more
• An investment in your learning & development