Associate Director, FP&A
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Orchard has an immediate opening for an Associate Director, FP&A - New York.
The ideal candidate will serve as a key member of the finance team reporting directly to the SVP, Finance and Operations. In this position you will be a strategic thought partner who will advise and influence decisions that have a real impact on P&L. You will support the growth of the business and deliver impactful business analysis. You’ll also play a key part in developing strategy and driving insightful business decisions both in the Finance team and across the organization.
• Provide financial and strategic support to labels, departments and senior management; serve as business advisor on various projects across The Orchard
• Push the boundaries of financial forecasting and analysis, headcount planning, expense budgeting, and long-term planning for the Strategy, Legal, and Operations teams
• Manage central financial planning activities in support of The Orchard’s strategy and business development, including developing financial models, business plans, and long-term growth strategies in partnership with other departments
• Provide quantitative-based recommendations that support revenue growth targets and improve profitability, operating efficiency, and effectiveness
• Provide the management team with support for presentations, including valuations and competitive analysis, etc.
• Deliver quarterly analysis and reporting of financial results, including variances to business’ plan, to ensure key issues, risks, and business drivers are clearly understood and highlighted
• Improve business partners’ understanding of financial statements and budget adherence with thoughtful and transparent analysis and partnership
• Establish, track and monitor key operating metrics used to drive the business to greater efficiency; utilize those metrics for various senior leaders in the company
• Support The Orchard’s global target and budget process, including evaluating global music market forecasts by territory, quantifying investment opportunities and returns and accounting for financial impact of various operational events/decisions
• Develop and enhance necessary dashboards to track business performance, identify trends and proactively engage with functional leaders to stay ahead of the curve
• Help champion the Finance team across the business and driving the function as a proven center of analytical excellence to support financial discipline and business thoughtfulness
• Manage and continue to grow a high-performing group of individuals supporting this functions
• Develop financial models and strategic assessments to address key business issues, including evaluation of new business models, competitive analysis, business and operational planning, ROI analyses of The Orchard’s investments in new businesses and technologies, etc.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or a related field
• 5-8 years of financial planning & analysis, strategic planning, accounting and/or audit experience
• Ideally, 3-5 years of prior experience in investment banking, private equity, consulting, business development, or other analytic role
• Experience in the entertainment industry, with understanding of recorded music business preferred
• Strong knowledge of GAAP
• Strong understanding of finance and DCF concepts/principles in conjunction with excellent verbal, analytical, written and interpersonal skills.
• Sophisticated financial modeling skills; ability to create new models as well as ‘refresh’ existing financial models
• Ability to interface with senior management and lead project meetings with executives as your audience
• Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
• Forward-thinking, analytical and problem-solving mindset, drawn to building off of ambiguous and unsolved problems
• Comfortable engaging with business partners of all levels
• High proficiency in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills with the ability to think strategically
• Able to manage multiple, competing priorities while maintaining data accuracy while meeting deadlines.
The Orchard is a leading music distribution company operating in over 40 markets worldwide – distributing music from independent artists including Ozuna, Skepta, Jorja Smith, John Prine, and Kelsea Ballerini. With cutting edge operations and an unparalleled global team, The Orchard partners with labels of all sizes to make their music and video available across hundreds of digital and physical retailers around the world. At The Orchard, the focus is to provide a comfortable, social and engaging environment to encourage productivity and creativity.
About The Orchard®?
The Orchard is a leading music distribution company operating in over 40 markets worldwide. With a comprehensive artist & label services offering including full-service marketing, sync licensing, comprehensive video services, transparent data analysis, advertising, rights management, digital and physical distribution and more, The Orchard empowers creators and businesses to grow and adapt in the dynamic global industry. For further information, visit our website.
The Orchard is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.