Associate Director, Finance
Sony MusicNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 4/30/2021 6:49:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Associate Director, Finance jobs in New York-NY
Search all Associate Director, Finance postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Associate Director, Finance? Position Summary:
The Associate Director, Finance is responsible for performing financial reporting, forecasting, budgeting and analysis functions integral to supporting the business operations of Masterworks.
What You'll Do:
• Assist with the Month-End, Quarter End Financial Close, and Year-End Close including :
• Journal Entries/Accruals
• Balance Sheet Reconciliations
• Digital Revenue Analysis to monitor over/under accruals by GDB
• Marketing Expense Review (Input Marketing Budgets into MPS)
• Non-JV Talent/Artist Study Review
• JV Talent Study Review
• SRR/IRR Anaylsis
• Ad Hoc Reports
• Submit to Global Finance monthly forecast, annual business review plan, and the restated annual business plan into IP/BPC (forecast overhead by multiple cost centers and non-overhead by the various channels) for several entities
• Assist with preparing Annual Target and Budget Schedules/Presentation
• Liaise with A&R Admin on disbursements and with legal to ensure proper coding for Real Time Royalties
• Assist with PreCalc & PostCalc WW P&Ls by Artist/Project – Frontline & Catalogue & Vinyl
• Monitor overhead spending, taxes, and check deposits of the label
• Review Release Planning products/projects to move (within Masterworks) from New Release to Catalogs
Who You Are:
• Minimum of 5-7 years of relevant accounting/finance experience.
• Bachelor or Masters Degree in Accounting or Finance.
• CPA or working towards earning CPA certification preferred.
• Proven proficiency in computer software applications (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Access, TEAMS, SAP, IP, BPC, Lookup Tables, Citrix Applications).
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and excellent interpersonal skills.
• Detail oriented, organized, timely and accurate.
What We Give You:
• An opportunity to fuel the creative journey on a global stage
• A modern, diverse and innovative work environment, with offices that include collaboration areas, cafeterias, event spaces, and more
• An investment in your learning & development
• A comprehensive and attractive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching
• Voluntary benefits (like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets), mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully-paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully-paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• Winter recess (Christmas through New Year's) This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.