Associate Director, Digital Marketing
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
As an Associate Director, Digital Marketing, you'll run point across all digital strategy and activations for 10-25 artists and projects at any given time. Our department's Digital Leads are responsible for each artist's audience and content development, social media marketing, online promotion, influencers and advertising. A key goal of this position is to continually build a diverse portfolio of partnerships and interactions to support and round out overall marketing efforts. The ideal candidate will display the ability to balance music marketing savvy with attention to detail, follow-up and execution across multiple projects simultaneously. Our team is responsible for working with key social & music partners like TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Apple & Spotify to create campaigns driving awareness and streams for artists like P!nk, Yebba, and Sasha Sloan to name a few.
What you'll do:
The role is set up such that the Digital Lead is ultimate responsible setting goals for our artists/projects, building out timelines, content and activations meant to achieve those goals, secure artist and partner buy-in and execute across all ideas and activations. At the same time, the role is expected to be responsible for social and platform optimization and delivery logistics.
We spend a ton of time collaborating in brainstorms to delivering custom and creative digital marketing ideas for each artist, presenting them to the artists' teams and executing the campaigns. Our ideas to come from our knowledge of music culture, key brands, influencers and out-of-the-box thinking.
In addition to the high-level creative ideas, we're also responsible for multiple social accounts with millions of followers and for their activity and growth. A key strategy to encourage audience engagement and growth has been to deliver next level creative both commissioned and designed in-house. The content ranges from custom videos to Snapchat lenses to memes and more.
Who you are:
• Must have at least 2 years of experience running point on digital campaign for pop artists & projects (label experience preferred).
• A deep and thorough knowledge of the modern pop music genre/scene with a firm understanding of the history that led to today's market.
• Experience in working with staff from social platforms and music streaming sites preferred.
• The job entails both normal business hours as well as other music events at night. Our team is ultra-inclusive and we're looking for open-minded and passionate music fans who collaborate well and bring a positive energy to any task that comes their way.
• Must be based in or willing to relocate to the Los Angeles metro area.
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
• Time off for a winter recess
This position requires that the job candidate be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that an applicant will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson's Janssen vaccine). The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.