Associate Director, Digital Marketing
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
• Develop full scope digital marketing plans to drive fan engagement across all online platforms and an overall digital creative vision for superstar, established and emerging artists.
• Be part of the core team responsible for the overall artist branding and artist development.
• Lead and coordinate social media, content development, streaming marketing, digital advertising & CRM campaigns for assigned artists.
• Work with in-house and/or third-party content creators to conceptualize & complete lyric videos, portraits & live photos, AR/VR implementations, short-form content for social media, etc. (while identifying new creators on an on-going basis).
• Provide ideas & strategy for online contesting & sweepstakes.
• Communicate with artist management/artist on a regular basis to convey overall digital strategy and present opportunities as they arise.
• Maintain relationships with key digital promotional partners and work with them on promotional activities, content creation, exclusive events and other partnership opportunities.
• Create and implement campaigns focused on data collection; Maintain and nurture existing newsletter lists to ensure they are messaged consistently and efficiently.
• Work with sales teams to maximize retail promotional opportunities/support retail initiatives.
• Assure all current and any new digital partners get the assets and attention they need to execute effective promotions.
• Spot digital trends, understand new technologies and social media behavior and align these with business objectives to create new and innovative marketing opportunities and solutions.
• Monitor analytics on streaming platforms, understand the consumption patterns and craft tailor made campaigns to maximize music consumption.
• Provide in-depth analysis measuring the success of campaigns/tools and communicate the results to all relevant stakeholders.
• Develop a reputation as a go-to positive person who is constantly resourceful with a great attitude.
• Conceive budget, and effectively execute paid media campaigns.
• Participate in new artist pitch meetings.
• At least 5 years of progressive digital marketing experience at a record label or other related media companies.
• Superb written and oral communication skills.
• Thorough understanding of the music marketplace.
• Comprehensive knowledge of the music streaming landscape.
• Solid understanding / interest in lifestyle verticals and urban culture.
• Social Media Obsessed: Demonstrated knowledge of and professional experience with social platforms.
• Must be able to accept changes readily, both in job responsibilities, as well as in the work environment, and have the ability to be flexible in adapting to re-prioritized tasks.
• A team player that is not afraid to roll up his/her sleeves to help out the team.
• Extremely detail-oriented and organized.
• Data analysis/research skills.
• Strong communication skills with a demonstrated ability to speak in forums, meetings and presentations.
• Must be experienced and skilled at acting as a liaison between the artists/artist management and the label using tact, persuasion, communication and trust.
• Must be highly organized and capable of developing and keeping to a project timeline.
• Prior experience with a variety of digital marketing tools.
• Creative, self-starter with exceptional follow-up skills.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.