Associate Director, Digital Marketing
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Columbia Records is seeking an Associate Director, Digital Marketing who will develop full scope digital marketing plans to drive fan engagement across all online platforms and an overall digital creative vision for superstar, established and emerging artists.
• Develop full scope digital marketing plans to drive fan engagement across all online platforms and an overall digital creative vision for superstar, established and emerging artists.
• Be part of the core team responsible for the overall artist branding and artist development.
• Lead and coordinate social media, content development, streaming marketing, digital advertising & CRM campaigns for assigned artists.
• Work with in-house and/or third-party content creators to conceptualize & complete lyric videos, portraits & live photos, AR/VR implementations, short-form content for social media, etc. (while identifying new creators on an on-going basis).
• Provide ideas & strategy for online contesting & sweepstakes.
• Communicate with artist management/artist on a regular basis to convey overall digital strategy and present opportunities as they arise.
• Maintain relationships with key digital promotional partners and work with them on promotional activities, content creation, exclusive events and other partnership opportunities.
• Create and implement campaigns focused on data collection; Maintain and nurture existing newsletter lists to ensure they are messaged consistently and efficiently.
• Work with sales teams to maximize retail promotional opportunities/support retail initiatives.
• Assure all current and any new digital partners get the assets and attention they need to execute effective promotions.
• Spot digital trends, understand new technologies and social media behavior and align these with business objectives to create new and innovative marketing opportunities and solutions.
• Monitor analytics on streaming platforms, understand the consumption patterns and craft tailor made campaigns to maximize music consumption.
• Provide in-depth analysis measuring the success of campaigns/tools and communicate the results to all relevant stakeholders.
• Develop a reputation as a go-to positive person who is constantly resourceful with a great attitude.
• Conceive budget, and effectively execute paid media campaigns.
• Participate in new artist pitch meetings.
• At least 5 years of progressive digital marketing experience at a record label or other related media companies.
• Superb written and oral communication skills.
• Thorough understanding of the music marketplace.
• Comprehensive knowledge of the music streaming landscape.
• Solid understanding / interest in lifestyle verticals and urban culture.
• Social Media Obsessed: Demonstrated knowledge of and professional experience with social platforms.
• Must be able to accept changes readily, both in job responsibilities, as well as in the work environment, and have the ability to be flexible in adapting to re-prioritized tasks.
• A team player that is not afraid to roll up his/her sleeves to help out the team.
• Extremely detail-oriented and organized.
• Data analysis/research skills.
• Strong communication skills with a demonstrated ability to speak in forums, meetings and presentations.
• Must be experienced and skilled at acting as a liaison between the artists/artist management and the label using tact, persuasion, communication and trust.
• Must be highly organized and capable of developing and keeping to a project timeline.
• Prior experience with a variety of digital marketing tools.
• Creative, self-starter with exceptional follow-up skills.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.