Associate Director, Content Protection
Sony MusicNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 12/8/2023 7:33:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Associate Director, Content Protection jobs in New York-NY
Search all Associate Director, Content Protection postings
Full Time Job
As an Associate Director on Rights Management, you are crucial in building out, leading, and scaling The Orchard's newly formed Content Protection initiative. You will be instrumental in creating and implementing processes related to Content Protection, and will oversee leak prevention and copyright infringement monitoring efforts across our distributed catalog, working closely with trade organizations and fingerprinting platforms to ensure labels' audio and video rights are protected. You will also be responsible for providing high-level, timely support to swiftly resolve rights issues for high profile artists and priority labels.
What you'll do
• Identify, monitor, and issue takedowns for leaks and infringements across music services, including UGC platforms, and report findings to internal stakeholders
• Collaborate with Rights Management team leads in developing new processes and initiatives related to proactive and reactive Content Protection for The Orchard's catalog
• Work cross-functionally with other departments (Legal, Label Management, Sony Content Protection); Create internal and client-facing recommendations and best practices for leak mitigation and infringement monitoring
• Liaise with external partners to stay up-to-date on new platform developments and services, and research opportunities to further enhance our Content Protection services offering
• Develop action plans for time-sensitive escalations, and coordinate efforts across multiple teams to execute those plans with urgency, both during and after business hours
Who you are
• 5 years of work experience in the music or entertainment industry, preferably with an emphasis on content protection or rights management
• Comfort in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to act with urgency while remaining calm under pressure
• Impeccable follow-up and follow-through capabilities, well-organized, and attentive to detail
• Should constantly meet and/or exceed performance goals and adhere to expected project timelines, while managing multiple deadlines and prioritizing appropriately
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• Experience working in a CMS such as YouTube CMS, TikTok MediaMatch, or Facebook Rights Manager
• Proficiency in Google, Apple, and Microsoft applications
What we give you
• You'll join an inclusive, collaborative, and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey.
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition, and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
• Time off for a winter recess
About The Orchard
The Orchard is a leading music distribution company operating in 45 markets worldwide â€'' distributing music from independent artists, including Ozuna, Skepta, Jorja Smith, and Kelsea Ballerini. With cutting-edge operations and an unparalleled global team, The Orchard partners with labels of all sizes to make their music and video available across hundreds of digital and physical retailers worldwide. The Orchard focuses on providing a comfortable, social, and engaging environment to encourage productivity and creativity.
The anticipated annual base salary does not include any other compensation components or other benefits that an individual may be eligible for. The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job.
New York Pay Range
$80,000 — $100,000 USD