Associate Director, Catalog Marketing
Sony MusicCulver City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 8/9/2022 11:49:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Associate Director, Catalog Marketing jobs in Culver City-CA
Search all Associate Director, Catalog Marketing postings
Full Time Job
The Associate Director, Catalog Marketing – RCA Records will be responsible for leading, activating and communicating catalog marketing campaigns for RCA's rich and diverse roster of artists. From Usher and P!nk to A$AP Rocky and the Foo Fighters, RCA and Sony Music's catalog is incredibly current, deep, relevant and ready for dynamic campaigns in order to drive incremental revenue and increase fan engagement. This role will be located in Culver City, CA.
What you'll do:
• Partner & collaborate closely with marketing & sales staff at RCA, the catalog team at CMG/Legacy and artists/management to develop and execute robust marketing campaigns for the catalog of on-roster artists.
• Drive incremental catalog revenue of RCA artist catalogs through the development of marketing campaigns centered around dynamic artist content, robust advertising campaigns, artist channel visibility & optimization and earned digital partnerships.
• Act as the conduit/advocate/liaison between the broader catalog team and RCA to ensure extensive campaign support across cross-functional departments.
• Manage reporting, marketing budgets and analytics to measure effectiveness of campaigns and make informed recommendations.
• Work alongside the RCA and catalog sales teams to maximize account support around tentpole moments.
• Test, assess and update best practices to maximize consumption, artist integrity and fan engagement.
• Identify new opportunities to reach audiences through new technology, strategic partnerships, digital advertising, etc.
Who you are:
• At least five years of relevant and progressive experience in the music industry – preferably in record labels, artist management, product management, digital sales and/or marketing.
• Proven track record of marketing effectiveness, artist and management relationship building and entrepreneurial thinking.
• Prior experience and fluency in music streaming, including broad understanding of account base and streaming best practices.
• Strong understanding of and passion for all music genres but especially hip-hop, R&B, pop and a solid grasp on current social content strategies, the artist mindset, aesthetics and tone.
• Expertise in digital advertising strategy, media planning and data analytics.
• Exceptional communicator which includes influencing, listening and advocating.
• Collaborative nature with experience in managing a wide spectrum of personalities across colleagues, labels, managers and artists.
• Intuitive understanding of streaming reporting tools and the ability to develop reporting based on consumption metrics.
• Strong working knowledge of the music industry, and a passionate commitment to music and artists.
• Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, communication, and time management skills as well as the ability to prioritize, multitask, and focus while working under stressful and demanding timelines.
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
• Time off for a winter recess
This position requires that the job candidate be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that an applicant will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson's Janssen vaccine). The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.