Associate Director, Artist Marketing, Awal
Sony MusicLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 8/18/2022 9:49:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Associate Director, Artist Marketing, Awal jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Associate Director, Artist Marketing, Awal postings
Full Time Job
As Associate Director, Artist Marketing, you will work closely with a diverse roster of artists to set up, execute and deliver industry leading, innovative marketing campaigns. You will liaise with teams in the US, UK, and internationally to lead planning and project management, and work with the team to drive global marketing campaigns. Additional responsibilities will include budgeting, data analysis, scheduling and reporting. You will manage cross communication with A&R, commerce, promotion, audience development, synch, brand partnership and publicity teams. You will be a point of contact with artists and management partners. You are a self-motivated strategic thinker; detail oriented and organized project manager; problem solver and a passionate marketer with the proven ability to multitask who has a desire to grow into a leading marketing role within the music industry.
AWAL has revolutionized the recording business by putting the creator at the center of everything we do and transforming the way artists release music. Whether an artist is looking for the best digital distribution or a comprehensive global campaign, AWAL has become the partner of choice for innovative artists at all stages of their careers. This has created a high-quality path for artists to achieve success while maintaining ownership of their masters. The leading artists who have already chosen AWAL include Dayglow, Little Simz, Young the Giant, THEY., mxmtoon, Lizzy McAlpine, Jungle, Tom Misch and many more.
AWAL is currently over 150 people based across 10 offices and we're continuing to grow. That's where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you - share your story! Apply today and tell us why you are the best addition to our successful team.
WHAT DOES AN ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR, ARTIST MARKETING AT AWAL DO?
• Maintain a roster of artists as the marketing lead.
• Initiate project management and ideation of creative marketing campaigns for a diverse roster of artists.
• Manage marketing campaign budgets, release scheduling, communication, reporting, invoicing, and problem solving.
• Collaborate with A&R, audience development, digital accounts, synch, publicity, commerce, and promotion teams to develop artists and grow existing careers.
• Communicate and synchronize campaigns with global marketing teams.
• Regularly communicate with external parties and maintain a high level of relationship management.
• Manage relationships with external brand and marketing partners.
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
• 4-6 years experience in a music marketing role.
• Previous experience working at a record label is preferred.
• A deep understanding of current and future trends in music, with a network of relationships and a stellar reputation in the music business as well as within artist and industry communities.
• You have strong business acumen skills, and a track record of making competent business decisions through strategic thinking.
• You also have in-depth knowledge of emerging and established streaming and social platforms, as well as digital and social marketing best practices.
• Experience with Music Connect, Mediabase, Chartmetric, and other industry information systems.
About The Orchard
The Orchard is a leading music distribution company operating in 45 markets worldwide – distributing music from independent artists including Ozuna, Skepta, Jorja Smith, and Kelsea Ballerini. With cutting edge operations and an unparalleled global team, The Orchard partners with labels of all sizes to make their music and video available across hundreds of digital and physical retailers around the world. At The Orchard, the focus is to provide a comfortable, social and engaging environment to encourage productivity and creativity.
Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
This position requires that the job candidate be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that an applicant will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson's Janssen vaccine). The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.