Associate Director, Advertising & Marketing
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The role of the Associate Director, Advertising and Commercial Agreements, is an entry-level position within the transactional legal team, providing legal support on a global basis in connection with a broad range of commercial contracts, as well as advertising/marketing matters. The Associate Director reports to SVP, Corporate Deputy General Counsel, Business and Legal Affairs.
Commercial Agreements Responsibilities
• Draft and negotiate a wide range of standard and custom legal agreements and supporting legal documents, in close collaboration with teammates and business colleagues, including non-disclosure agreements, as well as agreements with vendors, contractors, and consultants, across a wide range of subject matter, including technology, real estate and intellectual property.
• Support transactional team on an as-needed basis, including in connection with transaction-related due diligence.
• Advise internal clients on marketing campaigns with contesting/sweepstakes elements, including: drafting rules for contests and sweepstakes; handling promotion, prize provider and promotion-related vendor agreements, official rules for contests and sweepstakes; influencer agreements and commercial co-venture agreements.
• Keep current with legal framework, including social media platforms' promotions guidelines and FTC guidelines, for marketing and promotional activities, including social medial sites (FB, Twitter, etc.), user-generated content sites and influencer campaigns; regularly present to marketing and promotional teams on compliance with relevant requirements.
• J.D. from a highly ranked law school and outstanding academic credentials.
• At least 2 years of experience as a transactional attorney, preferably at a nationally recognized law firm.
• Strong negotiation, communication, analytical skills and work ethic.
• Team player with strong interpersonal skills and judgment, and intellectual curiosity.
• Commitment to provide high quality client service, with desire and ability to build trusted advisor relationships with clients.
• Technical acumen and experience with advertising/marketing matters preferred.
About Sony Music Entertainment
Sony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. Sony Music Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.