Assistant Studio Manager
Sony MusicNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 8/23/2022 8:49:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Assistant Studio Manager jobs in New York-NY
Search all Assistant Studio Manager postings
Full Time Job
Looking for a self-motivated and detail-oriented individual to assist our Studio Operations team. This role will support our team of engineers, technicians and studio directors. The studio assistant manager will help our studio operations team with the unique demands of each session, as well as assist to keep our studio space operating at a professional level. An ideal candidate will be someone who comes with strong studio or music recording experience, strong interpersonal skills, and who is flexible and capable to meet with the demands of the technology and client interface.
Must be fluent in software like Pro Tools and Adobe.
Must have administrative and managerial skills to work the booking software, Microsoft office and help with generating and keeping track of session reports, work orders, invoicing and Studio utilization. Interface with the labels on a daily basis. Take inventories, generate gear check lists and studio stock check lists. Work with Facilities on the needs and repairs of the studio. Work with Studio Directors on keeping the studio functioning and operational. Tasks include software and subscription updates, tech issues and generating tech reports. Prepping session setup needs on an admin and technical basis.
• Assist with the maintenance of the facility and studio space for daily use
• Tech & facilities maintenance
• Inventory & equipment maintenance & upkeep
• Studio or music recording experience is key
• Support each session with production set up and breakdown
• Liaise with clients, label personnel, and technicians
• Client relations & interpersonal skills is key
• Help facilitate & coordinate with vendors on equipment & supplies for the facility and studios
• Take daily inventories of gear and stock
• General assistant & administrative tasks
• Administrative duties include work orders, purchase orders, booking tool, spreadsheets and generating invoices.
• Work with the studio directors and facilities operations managers on any issues arising from the building.
• Work with various software including Pro Tools, Microsoft Office and Adobe.
Who you are:
• BA/BS in Recording Arts, Communications, Business; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Self-starting, resourceful collaborator with strong ability to identify problems and create solutions
• Detail oriented and strong follow-through skills
• Proficient in Microsoft suite, Pro-tools and backline set-up is a plus
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
• Time off for a winter recess
This position requires that the job candidate be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that an applicant will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson's Janssen vaccine). The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.