Assistant, Artist Development
Sony MusicNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 3/24/2023 11:42:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Assistant, Artist Development jobs in New York-NY
Search all Assistant, Artist Development postings
Full Time Job
We are hiring an Assistant, Artist Development & Catalog to join the AWAL team in New York. Reporting into AWAL's SVP, Artist Development & Catalog our ideal candidate is an entrepreneurial, creative, and curious learner that's excited to join a team that is redefining the traditional approach to marketing and fans' relationship with music.
This individual has a passion for music, a proactive demeanor and is detail-oriented and organized.
This role will support the Artist Development & Catalog team and collaborate closely with AWAL teams around the globe supporting projects of artists originating from all territories. This is a terrific opportunity for someone who wants to learn and grow within the music industry.
What you'll do:
• Be an active member of the Artist Development & Catalog team by supporting the project leads across campaigns.
• Coordinate, organize, and send regular team priority project updates.
• Attend meetings with team members, take notes, and circulate agendas and next steps.
• Maintain database of tour dates and coordinate ticket buys and guest list requests.
• Process team invoices and vendor set ups.
• Maintain and circulate Artist Development release schedule.
• Collect, organize, and circulate marketing assets and links.
• Support Artist Development leads in onboarding and offboarding artist and label partners.
• Perform Friday digital store checks and compile coverage reports.
• Assist with research and reporting on viral catalog tracks.
• Maintain a calendar of key anniversaries, cultural moments, and events.
• Provide administrative support for SVP, Artist Development and Catalog.
• Provide office support for the New York-based AWAL team including liaising with building staff, coordinating office visitors, arranging meetings and events, and ordering supplies.
Who you are:
• Experience in an entertainment role or internship.
• You love music and are passionate about AWAL's mission to partner with independent artists to tell stories that shape culture.
• Entrepreneurial, curious and experimental team player.
• Strong and proactive analytical, presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Ability to work independently, prioritize through excellent time management skills, adapt to changing priorities, and manage high intensity situations while maintaining professionalism and poise.
• Hunger for learning and interest in music fandom.
• Ability to embrace and influence positive change.
• Strong proficiency with GSuite tools, particularly Google Slides.
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
• Time off for a winter recess
• The anticipated annual base salary for this position is $40k to $45k. This range does not include any other compensation components or other benefits that an individual may be eligible for. The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job