Analytics Masters Representative
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Part Time Job
Sony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. Sony Music Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
Those Labels located in New York City under the Sony Music Entertainment umbrella include: Columbia Records, Epic Records, Legacy Recordings, RCA Records, SONY Masterworks, Sony Nashville and Sony Latin.
The Analytics Masters Representative position is a great way to learn about the music business, gain marketing experience, and get your foot in the door of one of the world's leading entertainment companies.
As a member of the Consumer Research & Social Analytics team, the Analytics Masters Representative is responsible for audience insights for Sony Music spanning its robust diverse roster of artists and labels. The representative will work closely with both the College Marketing team and the Insights & Reporting team to develop presentations around audience behaviors, social media buzz, content engagement demographics on Sony artists across all labels. The representative will also analyze campaign performance and suggest new opportunities for Sony artists through analyzing various sources of data.
This is a paid part-time position in New York City, requiring a minimum of 20 hours per week.
What you'll do:
• Use social media tools such as Brandwatch, CrowdTangle, Tubular others to drive insights and suggestions for Sony artists.
• Leverage internal 3rd party tools to understand audiences consumer behavior among fans of various genres Sony artists.
• Generate custom insights from analyzing various data sources to tell a holistic story about the artist's fan-base how to effectively reach them. Suggest marketing/sales opportunities and new product ideas.
• Stay on top of new social media tools/platforms and mobile apps and then suggest ways Sony Music can use them for artist campaigns.
Who you are:
• Currently enrolled as a graduate student in an accredited graduate program.
• Strong work ethic, knowledge and passion for music
• Interest in social media, analytics and the music industry
• Excellent Powerpoint, Word and Excel skills
• Display creativity in problem-solving and idea generation
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
• Time off for a winter recess