Analyst, Finance Operations - Latin-Iberia Regional Office
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
• The Analyst, Finance & Operations will be responsible for assisting with all Financial and Operations functions to provide the Latin-Iberia regional office with consolidated data. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assistance with the gathering of data, preparation of monthly financial statements and forecast submissions (including preparation of journal entries, quarterly review and year-end audit packages, and responsibility for maintenance of all relevant financial models and SAP/BPC uploads).
• Consolidation of all affiliate-reporting packages including, but not limited to: monthly P&L and balance sheet packages and overhead reporting versus annual business plan. Review consolidated reports for accuracy, investigate unusual fluctuations, transactions, etc.
• Development of standard processes/best practices across the company.
• Maintenance of database by entering, verifying, and backing up data for Marketing, Label, Finance and other departments within the company.
• Review of operational processes to identify and implement improvements.
• Preparation of monthly reporting packages for senior management.
• Review and analysis of monthly financial results including, but not limited to: researching general ledger activity, analyzing account balances and transaction detail, balance sheet analysis, corporate reporting, review of monthly marketing and talent spend by department, etc.
• Preparation and distribution of monthly travel and entertainment reports, analysis of unusual items.
• Assistance with review/approval of departmental overhead expenditures.
• Ad hoc special projects and analyses for Regional office and corporate senior management, including Power Point presentations of financial results, forecast and plan data.
• Assistance with preparation of annual budget data submission for the local office.
• Review and approvals of the Expense Reports submitted by Latin-Iberia affiliates.
• Approval/validation of financial information related to the POs issued by the local office.
• Bachelor's degree with concentration in Finance or Accounting.
• Minimum 2 years of business experience in accounting or financial analysis role (entertainment / music industry experience a plus, with an interest in music being ideal).
• Working knowledge of GAAP, financial reporting preferred.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of applications (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook). An emphasis on Access database modeling would be highly preferred.
• Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
• Spanish language proficiency required.
• Ability to consolidate and summarize large amounts of data down to a management reporting level.
• Excellent presentation skills, with an ability to present the data to management, including speaking to the trends and major drivers of the activity.
• Well organized, detail oriented with ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines while managing multiple concurrent tasks.
• Must demonstrate strong initiative.
• Ability to proactively and productively work in team settings, including being receptive, open minded and objective when encountering diverse points of view.
• Must set high standards of performance for one's self, strive for distinction in all tasks and exhibit sense of pride in work product.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.