Administrator, A&R Administration
Sony MusicNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 12/13/2019 1:49:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Administrative Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Administrator, A&R Administration jobs in New York-NY
Search all Administrator, A&R Administration postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Administrator, A&R Administration?
Manage all pre-release & post-release music circulation for RCA Records. Anything related to the maintenance, approval, filing, and verification of audio assets is handled in this role.
• Handle all daily music requests with the utmost sensitivity - circulating music only as appropriate for a variety of purposes (A&R, Product Managers, press requests, video treatments, producer/manager requests, promo spots/radio edits/clean edits, etc.)
• Obtain A&R approval on all mastered music (singles, albums, EP's), circulate music approval notifications & maintain/save music on various secured drives, as appropriate
• Distribute all final, approved music to Chairman/CEO via SFTS
• Organize & maintain all CD refs whether in physical or digital form on various drives. Back up and vault on a regular basis.
• Circulate/distribute watermarked/pre-release music using SFTS & passwords, as appropriate
• Create & track physical watermarks
• Track, maintain & retrieve devices that contain watermarked music (multiple uses)
• Serve as gate keeper of devices for any sensitive music that cannot be sent digitally or as a physical disc
• Create physical CD burns as needed
• Work with BA Administration to secure masters for all third party appearances by our artists
• Receive and verify the masters, collect all the label copy & paperwork and maintain a database of these performances
• Oversee the circulation of the hard drives
• Serve as point person for all Veva assets (analyzing business needs for the label and coordinating with BMS Chace, the Sony Archives Department, & IT to assist in adjusting new online tool for RCA)
• Collect, vault & organize assets from/for A&R staff
• 2 years previous work experience in entertainment industry (in a corporate setting) preferred
• 4 year college degree preferred
• Perform efficiently in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
• Exercise good judgment
• Proficient using PC and MAC computers and all related programs
• Must be able to multi task at a high level and handle a large volume
• Detail oriented and a great communicator
• Must be able to stick and follow procedures and understand risks involved and associated with all tasks
• Excellent organizational skills (as this position is in charge of maintaining all files, updating drives and setting standards for the rest of the department) This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.