Administrative Assistant, Urban Promotion
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
This position is responsible for assisting, supervising and maintaining various projects for EVP, Urban promotion and the entire Urban Promotion Staff. This position also includes but is not limited to the following:
• Administrative support for EVP Promotion VP Adult and VP Mainstream Promotion.
• Maintaining mailing lists.
• PRS – process budgets, talk to vendors, give PO#s to vendors, coordinate with Finance on payments and invoices for Urban mainstream, Urban Adult and Mixshow promotions.
• Mailing product, creating MP3s and sending email blast to stations, djs, pools etc.
• Pulling soundscan and mediabase numbers for team.
• Create weekly song reports.
• Arrange travel for contest winners.
• Assist National Staff with various requests.
• Keep track of artist request on promotional calendars.
Local Promotion Support
• Establishing and maintaining relationships with DJs, PDs and MDs.
• Daily calls/IMs and e-mails with DJs requesting product and “working” records.
• Maintain and Establishing College DJs/MDs and PD.
• Accompany artists on different Promotion related activities when needed.
• Create ideas and promotions for radio.
• At least 1 year of experience in the music industry or related field.
• BA in communications or related field preferred.
• Computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint). Internet browsing.
• Ability to make decisions, produce results and think out of the box.
• The ability to multi-task; detail oriented.
• Problem solver, great with people and outgoing.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.