Administrative Assistant, Touring and Events
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Work with Touring & Events Department who oversee the planning, budgeting and travel for tours, promotional events and live performances for artists of the Columbia Label Group.
• Support SVP, VP of Events and Production, and VP of Touring Marketing administratively including but not limited to tasks such as answering phones, maintaining calendars and scheduling meetings, and updating contact lists.
• Complete and submit business expense reports for SVP and other department members as needed in a timely manner.
• Complete department corporate meeting card expense reports for use in purchasing tickets and events and coordinate payment with Finance department in a timely manner.
• Input weekly timesheet information for Touring Department and provide to SVP for approval.
• Maintain updated artist roster and staff assigned to each project.
• Assist in coordinating travel and housing accommodations for staff attending out-of-town festivals and corporate functions such as SXSW.
• Prepare department news email blasts for internal distribution.
• Maintain contact database for venues and promoters.
• Issue a weekly Touring Report of active Columbia artists to all internal departments (Marketing, Promotion, Publicity, Digital, Sales, Finance, etc.).
• Assist in maintaining an updated calendar of events and artist appearances both in the New York and Los Angeles offices to be distributed to company executives and internal departments (Marketing, Promotion, Publicity, Digital, Sales, Finance, etc.).
• Facilitate purchase orders in the Accounts Payable database and process invoices and recharges to/from domestic and foreign affiliates for promotional and touring activities (transportation, backline/PA rental, security, staging, etc.) in a timely and efficient manner.
• Facilitate rush payment requests relating to tickets, promotional appearances, tours, and company showcases.
• Assist Touring staff to plan and execute company meetings and events including and not limited to corporate showcases, artist album release and listening events, and meetings with artist management and partners.
• Help facilitate ticket solicitations to various departments including submitting requests to promoters as well as organizing and delivering tickets to staff and partners as necessary.
• Compile and maintain database of departmental budget, ticket and TV production information.
• Assist with artist guest lists for artist concerts, showcases, and company events.
• Ad hoc research projects such as researching available venues for upcoming events or artist marketing ideas.
• Must have 1 years of music industry experience, with prior administrative or touring experience.
• An intimate knowledge of all label departments would be helpful.
• Experience with PRS strongly preferred.
• Must have strong computer skills including MS Office (Word, Excel & Outlook) and an intimate knowledge of the internet.
• Must be proactive, organized, self-starter who has strong problem solving, social, and interpersonal skills.
• Must have exceptional communication and time management skills.
• Must be able to prioritize and multi-task.
• Must be able to work independently but be a team player and flexible.
• Must be able to adapt to all situations and handle stress.
• Must be able to create and maintain good relationships with artists, managers, attorneys, etc.
• Multitasking and organizational skills a must.