Administrative Assistant, Sync Licensing
Sony MusicLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
As an Assistant in SyncShop, you'll work at the intersection of music and stories. We place the world's most iconic music into every type of visual media imaginable. In this role, you will provide administrative support to a pod of Film/TV & Video Game sync executives. You will be the foundation that empowers our team to place Sony's recordings into all types of content. If you are passionate about everything that is happening in the media industry, and if your knowledge of music and hunger to learn about the music business is what gets you out of bed in the morning, we need you, your love of details, and your expert organizational skills to help us succeed.
What you'll do:
• Enter all relevant details for a very high volume of TV/Film/Video Game music clearances into a database, and track the evolving details of each deal from beginning to end as quickly and efficiently as possible.
• Provide assets and information (like audio files, label copy, credits, and ownership details) both to external clients and internal colleagues, in a pro-active and anticipatory manor.
• Assist in pitching efforts by assembling playlists, identifying label priorities, tracking pitches/projects and air dates, pulling TV/Film clips, attend label/artist meetings and take notes as needed.
• Enable your team to work efficiently by helping with scheduling, maintaining external/internal contact lists, expenses, email blasts, tech issues, building presentations, editing highlight reels and any other administrative task that helps everyone prioritize.
• Work alongside other assistants on departmental duties such as managing our general email and voicemail inboxes, conference room set up and other duties as needed.
Who you are:
• You want to be on the inside of where it all happens in the music and media industries, and you have demonstrated the pursuit of that goal with hobbies, internships, or professional pursuits.
• You have an interest in music licensing, how deals get done from beginning to end, and you want to contribute to the process.
• You are a clear and effective communicator.
• You are a highly organized person that pays close attention to the details. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and can prioritize a high volume of tasks.
• You have intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (including Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint) and familiarity with Adobe Acrobat.
• You are hungry to learn and grow. You are curious, ask questions, and get excited about new projects.
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey.
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork.
• Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching.
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development.
• Time off for a winter recess
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.