Administrative Assistant, Release Planning
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for providing full administrative support to the SVP, Release Planning, Columbia Records as well as the Release Planning department. Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
• Screen and direct incoming calls and emails.
• Coordinate access to SVP and maintain SVP's schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, and teleconferences.
• Act as a liaison between the SVP and a wide array of internal and external contacts including senior company management, artist managers, outside studios, internal departments including but not limited to Sony Music supply chain, Sony Music sales, Sony Music media production, Columbia A&R, Columbia Marketing/Online Marketing, etc.
• Maintain Columbia Records release schedule for weekly production and scheduling meetings.
• Prepare business expense reports in a timely, accurate, and efficient manner.
• Coordinate travel when needed.
• Coordinate and draft correspondence and presentations using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Order and maintain files, music product, special packaging samples, office supplies and tickets for the department.
• Provide back-up support for other members of the department as needed.
• Maintain promotional assets on Columbia releases for digital delivery in promo tool.
• Solicit all Columbia Records' departments for promotional copies & coordinate shipment with supply chain & sales services.
• Enter & confirm successful delivery of all sale campaigns at any digital retailers for Columbia Records.
• Facilitate creation & scheduling of any Columbia Records mobile products.
• College graduate with 1 year of previous administrative experience in the music business preferred.
• Flexibility in adapting to re-prioritized tasks.
• Calm, positive, and professional demeanor within a fast-paced environment.
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of the Microsoft Office Suite (including Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint).
• Ability to learn Sony Music proprietary systems quickly & efficiently.
• Strong and professional written and oral communication skills.
• Additional skills, abilities, and/or traits that are necessary to succeed in this position include: organization; discretion; confidentiality; integrity; initiative; meticulous attention to detail; multi-tasking ability; ability to handle and work with all types of personalities; sensitivity to cultural differences; self-confidence; ability to excel in stressful and demanding situations; resourcefulness; ability to anticipate what's next and proactively work to solve any issues; strong work ethic and a sense of humor.
• Must be punctual and available to work overtime as needed.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.