Administrative Assistant, International Marketing
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for providing administrative support to the SVP of International Marketing as well as coordinate aspects of project related marketing as required.
Administrative responsibilities include:
• Receive, screen and route incoming telephone calls and maintenance of call sheets.
• Maintain calendar and coordinate project conference calls with affiliates and telephone/video conferences as needed.
• Coordinate and draft correspondence and presentations using MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Prepare business expense reports and process invoices in a timely, accurate and efficient manner.
• Coordinate international travel and prepare detailed travel itineraries prior to each trip.
• Maintain lists/databases for the department.
• Assist with organization of meetings and events including set-up, catering, etc.
• Provide back-up support for other members of the department as needed.
Coordinate aspects of project related marketing including:
• Distribute project related tools and assets to international markets.
• Collect, analyze, research and distribute information including weekly international sales and chart information.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree and with 1-2 years of administrative experience in an international and/or marketing department or a related field preferred.
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of the Microsoft Office Suite (including PowerPoint) and the internet.
• Thorough understanding and experience of Keynote.
• Foreign languages a strong plus.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Calm, positive and professional demeanor.
• Thorough understanding of the international music marketplace.
• Ability to think independently and take action without supervision.
• Ability to create and develop ideas that lead to positive change/improvements.
• Ability to make sound decisions and solve a variety of problems.
• Must be able to accept changes readily, both in job responsibilities as well as in the work environment and have the ability to be flexible in adapting to re-prioritized tasks.
• Must be experienced and skilled performing in a liaison role between the artists/artist management teams, our foreign affiliates and the label using tact, persuasion, timing and facilitating direct communication when appropriate while retaining the trust of all parties.
• Additional skills, abilities, and/or traits that are necessary to succeed in this position include: organization; confidentiality; integrity; initiative; a meticulous attention to detail; multi-tasking; ability to handle and work with all types of personalities; sensitivity to cultural differences; self-confidence; ability to excel in stressful and demanding situations; resourcefulness; ability to anticipate what's next; strong work ethic and a sense of humor.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.