Administrative Assistant, Film & TV Licensing
Sony MusicCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
The position of Administrative Assistant, Film & Television Licensing, Columbia Records will report to the VP, Film & Television Licensing and will work with closely with all members of the department to ensure that the team completes all set objectives.
Responsibilities may include, though will not be limited to the following:
• Provide administrative support including scheduling meetings/conference calls, phones, ordering office supplies, submitting expense reports and making travel arrangements
• Enter and update volume intensive licensing requests for all media (film, television, trailers, promos, video games) in a company specific database
• Track master licensing activities such as confirmations/quotes for marketing and financial/payment purposes
• Maintain department database systems including artist management contacts, client list (1,500), audio library (10,000 files)
• Research rights and restrictions, sample information as well as side artist splits for master use licensing
• Create weekly new release blast with audio and video assets, press releases, marketing information, etc.
• Manage ticket requests for label events, shows and showcases for department and clients
• Assist with creative pitching efforts - maintaining playlists based on genre, theme, lyrical content, etc.
• Minimum of 1 year of prior administrative experience
• Fundamental understanding of music licensing with an interest in film, television, gaming, sports
• Proactive, flexible, self-starter with strong problem solving, social and interpersonal skills
• Ability to professionally communicate in all manners - internally and externally
• Ability to accurately process clerical entry and navigate high volume data in an efficient manner
• Exceptional organizational and time management skills as well as the ability to prioritize, multitask and focus
• The use of discretion and the maintenance of high levels of confidentiality are required
• Proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel and standard office programs
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.