Administrative Assistant, Disruptor Records
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
As an Administrative Assistant you will provide administrative support to Disruptor Management, a Joint Venture with Sony Music Entertainment. Disruptor Management is the artist management division which continues on the philosophy of the label with a 24/7 meticulous dedication to career building, creating loyal fan bases, and strategic planning for commercial success.
What you'll do:
• Act as a liaison between Disruptor Management and a wide array of internal and external contacts including senior management, outside industry contacts, artists, artist managers, vendors, internal departments, etc.
• Provide administrative support for President.
• Maintain database of artist management and booking contacts.
• Preparation of accurate and comprehensive daily itineraries that include all elements of daily promotional and tour activities for assigned artists.
• Attend NY concerts/shows to ensure label and marketing partner needs are satisfied in a professional manner.
• Review artist promotional and tour accountings with senior Touring staff to calculate necessary backend payments.
• Book artist travel for promotional events, including flights, trains, cars, and hotels for assigned artists plus priority projects.
• Remain knowledgeable and up-to-date on daily Billboard, Soundscan, Mediabase, and other trade magazines/publications for music news and relevant information.
• Analyze sales, marketing, radio, and insights information
• Help maintain social media accounts for Disruptor Records, Disruptor Management, and Selector Songs
Who you are:
• The ideal candidate has a minimum of 1-2 years of prior administrative experience. Experience at a label is preferred.
• Strong computer skills including MS Office (Word, Excel & Outlook)
• A proactive, flexible, self-starter who has strong problem solving, social, writing and interpersonal skills. Exceptional communication and time management skills. Must be able to work independently but be a team player and flexible in a fast-paced environment. The ability to manage time and priorities, set and achieve goals and juggle multiple projects/deadlines simultaneously.
• The use of discretion and the maintenance of high levels of confidentiality are also required.
• Must be available to work overtime and to attend occasional evening showcases as required.
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
• Time off for a winter recess
This position requires that the job candidate be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that an applicant will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson's Janssen vaccine). The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.