Administrative Assistant, A&R
Sony MusicCulver City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 8/17/2022 8:49:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Administrative Assistant, A&R jobs in Culver City-CA
Search all Administrative Assistant, A&R postings
Full Time Job
Columbia Records is looking for an Administrative Assistant to support senior members of the A&R team. The ideal candidate has a passion for current music and pop culture, a keen attention to detail, and strong organizational skills.
What you'll do:
• Act as a liaison between senior members of the A&R team and a wide array of internal and external contacts including senior management, outside industry contacts, artists, artist managers, vendors, internal departments, etc.
• General administrative duties in support of multiple A&R executives. These include but are not limited to:
• Answering phones, coordinating meetings, maintaining calendar, arranging conference calls, maintaining contact lists, etc.
• Preparing business expense reports in a timely, accurate and efficient manner
• Booking travel and creating and confirming travel itineraries
• Ordering and maintaining music product and office supplies
• Maintaining files, archives, and other assets for the department.
• Issuing purchase orders to vendors, obtain necessary approvals for invoices and costs, and process invoices
• Work with A&R, A&R Operations, and Release Planning to ensure delivery of assets (masters, credits, lyrics, agreements, etc.) in timely and accurate manner.
• Disseminate updated project details and assets as requested.
• Coordinate artist recording sessions which includes but is not limited to booking recording studios, engineers and artist travel.
Who you are:
• Strong computer skills including experience with both PCs and MACs and the ability to learn new programs/systems quickly. Familiarity with Mediabase, BDS, Soundscan, and MPS/PRS is preferred.
• Must have a passion for music.
• A proactive, flexible, self-starter who has strong problem solving, social, writing, and interpersonal skills.
• Exceptional communication and time management skills. Must be able to work independently but be a team player and flexible in a fast-paced environment. The ability to manage time and priorities, set and achieve goals and juggle multiple projects/deadlines simultaneously is required.
• This individual must be extremely organized; must demonstrate the qualities of being a team player; and must be able to create and maintain very strong relationships with co-workers, artists, managers, attorneys, etc. The use of discretion and the maintenance of high levels of confidentiality are also required.
• Bachelor's degree preferred.
• Must be available to work overtime and to attend occasional evening showcases as required.
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
• Time off for a winter recess
This position requires that the job candidate be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that an applicant will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson's Janssen vaccine). The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.