Account Manager, Performance Rights Services
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
As a manager on the Performance Rights division of the Rights Management Team, you are crucial in leading & scaling our fast-growing neighboring rights business, executing on a value proposition that drives client satisfaction and revenue. You will be responsible for the end-to-end process of collecting royalties from a subset of the 45 performance societies around the world with whom The Orchard works.
• Determine eligible content to deliver to collection societies, review for quality and data accuracy, and deliver in the file format as required by the society while adhering to strict deadlines
• Perform audits and other analysis tasks to ensure priority recordings are registered and earning appropriate royalties from societies
• Work cross-functionally to ensure rights issues (e.g. disputes, double-claims) are resolved quickly and accurately
• Consistently meet and/or exceed performance objectives (e.g. yearly revenue targets, delivery goals)
• Identify inefficiencies and suggest improvements for current processes
• Partner internally (client management, accounting, product development, legal) and externally (societies, 3rd party rights holders) to identify, report and resolve issues
• Work closely with team members and management, communicating issues and roadblocks pertaining to department projects and procedures
• Track, analyze, and report on performance metrics such as revenue and deliveries
• Build strong relationships with societies, communicating clearly and frequently to ensure recordings are registered and disputes are resolved in a timely manner
• Assist with client acquisition and retention
• 3-5 years of work experience, preferably in the music or entertainment industry
• College degree required
• Entrepreneurial spirit, motivated by the idea of new revenue and growth
• Experience working with large, complex data sets in a variety of formats; direct experience working with music metadata a plus
• Deadline-oriented and extremely organized
• Adaptable to evolving workload, not afraid to ask questions
• Excellent written/verbal/interpersonal communication skills
• Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Google, Apple, and Microsoft applications, particularly Excel
• Familiarity with licensing and the various rights associated with music content
• Passion for, knowledge of, and appreciation for music!
• Multilingual fluency; Spanish-speaking a plus
• Familiar with DDEX/XML and/or SQL
• Prior experience working with neighboring rights or music licensing
The Orchard is a leading music distribution company distributing music from artists such as Ozuna, Jorja Smith, Run The Jewels and Kelsea Ballerini. With cutting edge operations and an unparalleled global team, The Orchard partners with companies of all sizes to make their music available across hundreds of digital outlets and physical retailers around the world. At The Orchard, the focus is to provide a comfortable, social and engaging environment to encourage productivity and creativity.
About The Orchard
The Orchard is a leading music distribution company operating in over 40 markets worldwide. With a comprehensive artist & label services offering including full-service marketing, sync licensing, comprehensive video services, transparent data analysis, advertising, rights management, digital and physical distribution and more, The Orchard empowers creators and businesses to grow and adapt in the dynamic global industry. For further information, visit our website.
The Orchard is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.