A&R/ Talent Scout
Sony MusicParis, IL
Full Time Job
Sony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a broad roster of artists including local artists and international superstars, with a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. Sony Music Entertainment is seeking an individual to help work on initiatives related to The Orchard and its products.
We are looking for an experienced A&R Talent Scout to join our team in Paris.
• Scout new musical talent: artists / producers / beatmakers
• Scout a pool of visual & creative talent: photographers / videographers & creative resources
• Build strong relationships with artists and artist management
• Coordinate with artist management and creative in order to facilitate the development of products from inception to completion
• Coordinate with artist management and in-house teams to ensure delivery of distribution and services value proposition
• Manage release setup to ensure the production process stays on schedule
• Representing The Orchard in meetings, at shows, and on calls with artist management and bands/brands
• Analyze the impact of all spending, marketing, and promotional activity, and put together materials to communicate findings to wider artist services vertical and management
• Identify potential artist and management targets
• Act as local industry representative attending events and conferences as required.
• Proven experience in the music industry in a management, production, or curation capacity
• In-depth knowledge of content marketing, consumption habits, fan communication methods, and social trends
• Ability to be both creative and data-driven
• Proven ability to source and cultivate relationships with third parties
• Strong experience and understanding of the local music industry and digital landscape.
• Excellent knowledge of the digital space, including music retail, analytics and social media, with an ability to adapt to a constantly changing landscape.
• Highly advanced organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize to tight deadlines.
• Passionate about Independent music, with a willingness to attend industry events and shows.
• Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as required and able to travel internationally.
The Orchard is an innovative music distribution company, operating in over 40 markets globally. We’re proud to be leading the way in both distribution and artist services across the world, providing creative, comprehensive and independent sales and marketing solutions for content owners across a diverse and exciting range of artists.
The Orchard is a leading music, film and video distribution company operating in over 40 markets worldwide. With a comprehensive artist & label services offering including full-service marketing, sync licensing, video services, transparent data analysis, advertising, rights management, digital and physical distribution and more, The Orchard empowers creators and businesses to grow and adapt in the dynamic global industry. For further information, visit our website.
The Orchard is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.