Sony MusicNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 4/12/2021 1:49:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for A&R Scout jobs in New York-NY
Search all A&R Scout postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an A&R Scout? As an A&R scout, you will report to the SVP, A&R and the Senior Director, A&R. You will be responsible for scouting new artists regularly as well as helping out with the operations regarding our projects on a need be basis. You will also be responsible for handling administrative tasks for us such as doing expenses, booking travel, setting up meetings, and handling calls.
What you'll do:
• Provide administrative support to A&R executive including calendar maintenance, expenses, travel and phones.
A&R - Scouting
• Attending local shows and industry showcases to evaluate potential signings.
• Independent Research to gather information on potential artists/songs that may be of interest to the label.
• Monitoring weekly sales, streaming numbers, playlisting, press coverage and social media of potential signings.
• Meetings and calls with managers, artists and producers to discuss their projects and potential partnerships with RCA.
• Studio time with artists and producers to evaluate their talent and potential. Also to develop and maintain relationships for the future.
A&R - Operations
• Collaborate with A&R staff, artist management and A&R Administration in handling the coordination of all aspects of the recording process for assigned projects.
• Develop strong professional working relationships with artists, producers and their management teams.
• Work closely with A&R Administration to monitor all A&R budgets and related matters of spending under contractual agreements.
Who you are:
• Minimum one year administrative experience in music or entertainment.
• Knowledge of various digital music file-types and their transfer both physically and digitally.
• Extensive knowledge of music.
• Must be organized and able to multitask.
What we give you:
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K employer matching
• Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
• We invest in your professional growth & development
• Time off for a winter recess This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.