Vice President VFX, New Business
Sony ImageworksVancouver, BC
Full Time Job
The Vice President VFX, New Business spearheads and oversees the company's efforts to secure high caliber visual effects projects. This role works closely with the President and Sr. VP Production to give clients an outstanding experience across multiple projects, to continue the company brand and reputation as a cornerstone in the visual effects and animation industry.
Responsibilities include but aren't limited to developing and maintaining relationships with prospective clients (studios, freelance visual effects producers and supervisors), identifying potential projects to bid, developing innovative and effective pitch strategies, tracking competitors, negotiating production services terms with clients, providing input into the casting of key crew for specific projects, overall brand management, developing marketing and website materials, organizing events to promote SPI, and helping to recruit external senior talent (producers and supervisors).
• Work with all internal parties to balance both live action and animation projects. Create, evolve and maintain an overall brand strategy as to the work SPI targets, how the work relates to SPI's skill sets and how SPI can best be positioned within the competitive marketplace.
• To have general client meetings and contact, primarily to gain leads and information about developing industry projects that are relevant to the company (including visiting studio executives and production side clients in-person in LA, as well as contacting clients worldwide).
• Supervising, managing and improving our internal bid processes, alongside the Director of Finance.
• Actively bidding or supervising bids as they come in, managing the supervisor/producer bid teams and giving relevant information about show schedules to the resource department.
• Consulting with the President and SVP Production to maximize SPI's capacity/flexibility when bidding and strategizing on projects overall.
• Responsible for an innovative and strategic bidding process, that is evolving at all times in the competitive marketplace. Review actuals and historical data, alongside the Sr. VP Production, Director of Finance and producers.
• Proactively organizing client pitch meetings on an ongoing basis, including appropriate SPI talent in the meetings and working with supervisors, editorial and the art director to create pitch material.
• Spearheading the creation of strategic visual effects tests to elevate the skills of the company within the industry landscape and secure new types of work that SPI hasn't been well known for previously.
• Executive produce certain visual effects projects directly with clients, in conjunction with the SVP Production.
• Negotiate bid terms with clients, then working with Legal and the SVP Production to review production service agreements.
• Working with the marketing team, supervisors, editors, and the art director to create strategic pitch reels that spark ideas, show our ability to be agile, innovative and think outside the box always focused on meeting our clients' needs.
• Support the creation of show reels, how-tos, supervisor/producer interviews, break apart reels and award submissions, to be used as client promotion, website promotion, etc.
• Updating and including SPI personnel regarding projects that are being bid during internal staff meetings, lunches and company meetings.
• Attending industry events in multiple cities
• 10 years of VFX industry experience.
• Must have extensive project bidding experience and proven success in taking high profile projects from bidding to award
• Deep relationships across studios and freelance producers and supervisors, etc.
• Proven ability to partner and collaborate with senior leadership, demonstrated ability to resolve conflict.
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Strong management and communication skills and possess the skills to interact effectively with all levels of staff within and outside the organization.
• Ability to travel.
• Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office applications required.