Sony ImageworksVancouver, BC
Full Time Job
Sony Pictures Imageworks is located on the unceded traditional territory of the Musqueam, Squamish, and
Tsleil-Waututh First Nations. We are committed to respecting traditional lands, and working with communities
Sony Pictures Imageworks is an Academy Award®-winning visual effects and animation studio known for
photoreal live-action visual effects, dynamic creature and character animation and full-CG features.
Having created visually stunning images for more than 100 live-action and animated productions over its
26-year history the studio is also a leader in technology, developing software and tools that have helped
solve industry-wide challenges and deliver spectacular visuals to the big screen.
• You will be responsible for general production oversight and team leadership for a feature film.
You will be responsible for crewing of talent (working closely with Artist Management), anticipation
and diffusing internal show challenges, and managing show quota/bid days/deliveries.
• You will be the internal-facing Producer working under the guidance of a Senior Producer,
managing team touch-base meetings, and partnering with VFX, Animation, and CG supervisors
to ensure teams are resourced and functioning effectively.
• You will be expected to set the tone for crew scheduling, and client reporting.
• You will be responsible for building morale and motivating the show crew, fostering teamwork and
• Your duties and responsibilities may be altered from time to time, consistent with your position, at
the Employer's sole discretion.
• Minimum 5 yrs of previous experience as a VFX Producer for large scale vfx projects
• VFX Producer credits on high profile films
• Strong leadership qualities and ability to manage large teams
• Managing Dailies and project meetings
• Organized and highly detail oriented
• Advanced Excel and Google Doc skills
• Excellent communications skills in English; both written and verbal.
• Must be able to work within a fast paced environment
• VFX related education an asset
We value unique perspectives, and want diverse, unique talent to work with us. We encourage
candidates from all identities to apply.