Technical Director Unreal Engine Senior
Sony ImageworksVancouver, BC
This was removed by the employer on 9/10/2020 1:57:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Search for Technical Director Unreal Engine Senior jobs in Vancouver-BC
Search all Technical Director Unreal Engine Senior postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Technical Director Unreal Engine Senior? Sony Imageworks is looking for a Senior Level Unreal Engine TD. This person will work closely with the director, VFX Supervisors, and various cross-discipline teams to help drive the creative process, using Unreal Engine 4. We will rely on your technical knowledge of the UE4 platform, it's APIs, and Realtime workflow knowledge to complete work on a photo real, all CG, short film we are currently working on.
In this role, you will:
• Work with the film makers, and our internal creative team, to create a photo-real animated short film, meeting budgetary and schedule milestones, in Unreal Engine 4.
• To be part of our lead team working to create shots with a strong cinematic visual language.
• Take the senior role in the creation of certain sequences, from the director blocking, through to final delivery.
• Analyze and improve performance of in-engine assets and memory usage.
• Work with the Producer and production team to meet scheduling and show deadlines.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
• Minimum 3-5 yrs experience with Unreal Engine 4, Autodesk Maya.
• Proficiency with the UE4 Sequencer tool.
• Strong communication skills and the ability to work in a close team environment
• A strong sense of composition and color, with an intuitive understanding of the line of action.
• Experience with the use and integrating of motion capture data.
• Knowledge of real-world cameras, and a strong understanding of their physical attributes.
• Organized and detail-oriented.
• Experience working with blueprints in UE4, and/or scripting and programming languages such as Python, C , C#
• A thorough understanding of real-time rendering workflows.
• Experience of the current advantages and limitations of the Unreal4 Engine:
• Scene Lighting
• Material Editor
• Nested Unreal levels set-up
• Nested sequence set-up;
• Thorough understanding of lighting workflows and process in-engine.
• Working knowledge of the in-engine F/X
• Virtual Production experience.
• Experience working with Houdini or Motion Builder.
• Experience working on feature films. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.