Systems Project Manager
Sony ImageworksVancouver, BC
This was removed by the employer on 4/9/2021 4:58:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Systems Project Manager jobs in Vancouver-BC
Search all Systems Project Manager postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Systems Project Manager? About the Job
Sony Pictures Imageworks Canada seeks a qualified candidate to join its Systems Engineering department as the Project Manager. Systems is responsible for first, second and third level support of 1,000 users in a dynamic, high-performance production environment.
Reporting to the Head of Systems Engineering.
• Responsible for the management and daily operations of a heterogeneous technical computing environment.
• Formulation and implementation of system policies in compliance with directives from senior management including the Head of Systems Engineering
• Oversee and coordinate the daily project activities of the Unix, Mac & Windows systems administration, Helpdesk administrators, Network Operations Center administrators and other various systems engineers; including trouble ticket management, escalations from Helpdesk, Desktop support teams and project management.
• Participate in managerial activities; including performance appraisals, scheduling and hiring.
• Facilitate guidance and technical assistance to all Unix, Mac, Windows, Network and NOC administrators/engineers in the Systems Administration and User Support group.
• Report on SLA compliance and other key IT performance metrics to senior management.
• Develop and implement standards, procedures, and processes for the Systems Administration and User Support group.
• Collaborate with other teams on other all system and end user project matters.
• Run the daily engineering scrums.
The successful candidate possesses:
• Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written, including the ability to effectively communicate in a wide variety of contexts.
• Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to perform as an individual and on a team.
• Detail oriented with the ability to manage and prioritize a wide variety of tasks for individuals working as a distributed team.
• Proven leadership and technical skills in a sophisticated IT infrastructure organization.
• Extensive experience with heterogeneous operating systems and computing/networking environments: Linux, Windows XP, Mac OS.
• Experience implementing project management best practices and fundamentals.
• Experience with project management software.
• 7 years of Systems Engineering & Administration experience at a large-scale UNIX site.
• 5 years of managerial experience in an information technology production environment.
• 2 with LAN/WAN technologies.
• A degree in Computer Science or a related field is desirable.
• Experience with the following operating systems: Linux, Windows, Mac OS X.
• Experience managing large-scale projects.
• Proven experience with appropriate programming languages and shells.
• Familiarity with the CG feature animation and visual effects industry. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.