Sony ImageworksVancouver, BC
Full Time Job
Systems Administrator (Macintosh)
Sony Pictures Imageworks Inc., an Academy Award®-winning, state-of-the-art visual effects and character animation company dedicated to the artistry of digital production and character creation, seeks qualified candidates to join its Systems Engineering department as a Systems Engineer. Systems Engineering is responsible for technical first- and second-level support of 1,000 users in a dynamic, high-performance visual effects and animation production environment.
Primary areas of responsibility will include:
• Remote administration using JAMF, Apple Remote Desktop and Munki.
• Installation, deployment and maintenance of hardware, operating systems and software. Imaging of Mac desktop and laptop systems.
• Application installation and administration.
• Printer (and multi-function device) administration, setup and installation.
• Strong scripting skills (tcsh, bash, python).
• Technical assistance to a wide range of end users in a customer-service oriented organization.
• After hours, holiday and weekend support as scheduled in advance.
The successful candidate possesses:
• Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written. This includes the ability to provide thorough written documentation.
• Strong interpersonal skills and a customer oriented focus.
• The ability to perform at a high caliber and in compliance with Industry Best Practices and Procedures on individual assignments/projects as well as on team assignments/projects.
• Self-guided triage and follow-through skills to best respond to assigned duties.
• A team focused mindset.
, Skills & Certifications:
• Degree in Computer Science or in a related field. Significant industry experience may be substituted.
• Seven years of Macintosh Administration and Support Experience in a production environment.
• Experience in supporting mission-critical systems to ensure high availability.
• Experience in a large, heterogeneous computing environment (Mac, Windows and Linux) a plus.
• Extensive networking experience with TCP/IP, Wireless, DHCP, DNS, LDAP and other directory services, used across local and wide-area/metro-area networks of varying topologies.
• Working knowledge of Google Apps and Shotgun a plus.