Sony ImageworksVancouver, BC
Full Time Job
Support Engineer (Pipeline)
We are looking for a passionate Engineer for support and development of our asset and shot pipelines. The ideal candidate is a strong coder, investigator and communicator who is looking to collaborate on projects of varying size with an emphasis on meeting the needs of productions with time-sensitive deadlines.
Candidates must have strong technical chops and enjoy collaboration with other engineers and users. They must be at ease working with little supervision and/or with a Lead Engineer in an environment where production demands can shift priorities more quickly than some traditional software environments.
• Review incoming issues from shows, departments and helpdesk tickets
• Support & develop frontend pipeline plugins, tools & systems
• Improve efficiency of the Dev team
• Work with in-house users, pipeline teams, senior engineers, leads & architect to:
• Tirage issues, collect information to try and get to the source of the problem
• Recreate issues/bugs
• Resolve issues, bugs and work on new features requests.
• Help with understanding of user workflows
• Analyze common and chronic issues and evaluate solutions with users
• Access needs, propose recommendations for improvements and produce elegant solutions
• Test new updates with testers before they are pushed onto shows
• Create and maintain user documentation and team documentation.
• Help with Testing, Code review and Quality analysis
• Experience with supporting and developing pipeline tools
• Experience with Python and PyQt/PySide.
• Experience with Maya API and Maya plugins
• Experience working with Linux operating systems is a must.
• Optional experience with C is a plus
• Good with problem solving skills and ability to break down problems to isolate the cause.
• Experience with test-driven development workflows.
• Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision.
• Excellent in working with others in a Team
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies a plus.
• Degree in Computer Science or similar education is preferred.