Software Engineer - Maya Specialist Engineer
Sony ImageworksVancouver, BC
Full Time Job
We are looking for a passionate Maya Engineer for support and development of our asset and animation pipelines. The ideal candidate is a strong coder, investigator and communicator who is looking to collaborate on projects of varying size with an emphasis on meeting the needs of productions with time-sensitive deadlines.
Candidate must have strong technical skills and enjoy collaboration with other engineers and Maya users. They must be at ease working with little supervision and in an environment where production demands can shift priorities more quickly than some traditional software environments.
• Review incoming Maya issues and helpdesk tickets and keep on top of all Maya issues across the facility
• Work with in-house users, pipeline teams, senior engineers & Autodesk engineers to
• Gather requirements and feedback from user groups
• Prep test cases
• Prep files to recreate issues/bugs
• Access needs, propose recommendations for improvements and produce elegant solutions
• Resolve issues, maya bugs and work on new features requests
• Test new updates with testers before they are pushed onto shows
• Responsible for local Maya installs
• Develop Maya analytics like feature and plugin usage, crash logs etc.
• Prepare and setup for latest Maya versions. This might include rebuilding of our plugins, where required
• Support, maintain and document Maya and associated plugins
• Experience with MEL, Maya API and Maya plugins
• Experience with developing custom plugins for Maya
• Experience with Python and PyQt/PySide.
• Good with problem solving skills and ability to breakdown problems to isolate the cause.
• Experience with test-driven development workflows.
• Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision.
• Excellent in working with others in a Team
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies a plus.
• Degree in Computer Science or similar education is preferred.
• Experience working with Linux operating systems a must.
• Optional experience with C is a plus