Production Services Technician
Sony ImageworksVancouver, BC
This was removed by the employer on 1/17/2024 10:58:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for Production Services Technician jobs in Vancouver-BC
Search all Production Services Technician postings
Full Time Job
Production Services Technician (PST)
Sony Pictures Imageworks is located on the unceded traditional territory of the Musqueam, Squamish, and Tsleil-Waututh First Nations. We are committed to respecting traditional lands, and working with communities towards reconciliation.
The Production Services Technician (PST) position is a great opportunity for technical individuals with an interest in visual effects and animation to assist in the production of feature films. This group is responsible for managing all data for a particular show, including file backup and retrieval, monitoring of renders and image processes, global data transfers and various troubleshooting tasks.
The PST position is often seen as a stepping stone into the rest of the facility since we have high exposure to all of the different departments during the course of a normal production. Since PSTs are quite intimate with the inner workings of the pipeline, we are prime candidates to move into other departments as well. We currently have PST alumni working in various areas of the company...producers, production managers, technical directors, systems, software, training, rigging, layout and more!
• Provide a consistent and professional level of departmental technical expertise and support to digital artists and the production teams
• Manage and maintain all production-related data, both online (disk) and offline (tape)
• Monitor, book, provide initial troubleshooting and see to completion, all renders in the queue
• Monitor critical servers, network and file server load as it affects our workflow
• Ingest media from vendors and clients to conform to facility standards for internal use
• Ensure consistent data transfer between company base and sister facilities
• Process and distribute deliverable media for daily and critical client reviews
• Prepare data for global exchange between third parties using various mediums, such as FTP and firewire
• Implement and help to enforce standard naming conventions and working environments
• Actively find ways to improve operational efficiency of the department and the facility
• Solid Linux or UNIX Operating System experience
• Proven scripting skills (Shell or Python)
• Strong communication, troubleshooting and multitasking abilities.
• Past experiences in a leadership or managerial-type role and previous production experience preferred.
• Knowledge of various graphics applications a plus.
• For more information about the PST program, please watch our recruiting video.
The anticipated base salary for this position is $24.04 to $33.05/hr. Benefits are per company policy: which include healthcare, tuition reimbursement, RRSP's, Sick and Vacation leave, standard increases as applicable. The actual base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and if applicable, the location of the position.
We value unique perspectives, and want diverse, unique talent to work with us. We encourage candidates from all identities to apply.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.