Intermediate Systems Engineer
Sony ImageworksVancouver, BC
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Intermediate Systems Engineer jobs in Vancouver-BC
Search all Intermediate Systems Engineer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Intermediate Systems Engineer? Sony Pictures Imageworks, an industry leading Animation studio located in Culver City Los Angeles, is seeking a Systems Engineer. Systems Engineering is responsible for first- and second-level support of 300 users in a dynamic, high-performance production environment. The job demands astute and critical thinking coupled with Windows and Linux systems engineering to develop solutions for a unique industry combining high performance computing with digital artistry and storytelling. You will participate in projects utilizing new technologies in the areas of large-scale systems administration and engineering including building, configuring, installing, deploying and supporting workstations, servers and large scale storage systems. We are building a high performance global digital workflow for animation production and this is a great opportunity to work on technically challenging projects in a very creative work environment comprised of talented engineers and artists.
Primary areas of responsibility will include:
• Installation, deployment and maintenance of hardware, operating systems and software
• Initiation of and participation in departmental and site-wide engineering projects.
• Specification, documentation and communication of requirements for engineering tasks across the enterprise.
• Technical assistance to a wide range of end users in a customer-service oriented organization.
• Mentoring and advising on best practices for Systems Engineering personnel throughout the department.
• After hours, holiday and weekend support on-call 24/7 as scheduled in rotation with other engineers.
The successful candidate possesses
• Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written. This includes the ability to provide thorough written documentation.
• Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to perform as an individual and on a team.
• Scripting and programming abilities that maximize efficiency in daily tasks.
• Self-guided triage and follow-through skills to best respond to assigned duties.
, Skills & Certifications:
• Degree in Computer Science or in a related field. Significant industry experience may be substituted.
• Four to six years experience in a large, high-performance technical computing site.
• Three years experience in installation, deployment and maintenance of Red Hat Enterprise Linux workstations and servers.
• Three years experience in installation, deployment and maintenance of Windows 10 workstations and servers (including AD)
• Experience in supporting mission-critical systems to ensure high availability.
• Excellent working knowledge of Python, and the ability to write small C programs.
• Extensive networking experience with TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, LDAP and other directory services, used across local and wide-area/metro-area networks of varying topologies.
• Hands-on experience with large-scale backup solutions and storage technologies.
• Direct experience with multi-terabyte Netapp (or other) NAS installations is a plus.