Associate Software Engineer
Sony ImageworksVancouver, BC
Full Time Job
Sony Pictures Imageworks is looking for a Software Engineer to join our Culver City development team. The position requires strong software development skills, expertise in one or more programming languages, and the ability to implement high quality, robust, and easy to maintain code and tools. The engineer is primarily responsible for the development and implementation of pre-production tools under the guidance of Director of Technology of Sony Pictures Animation.
• Advanced Python development
• Ability to design simple tools to solve various workflow problems
• Proven ability to deliver high quality software in a fast paced, dynamic environment
• Experience with scripting in various tools and applications used in Animation Pre-Production and Production, such as Flix, Shotgun Studio, Photoshop or Maya.
Nice to have:
• Cross platform development including OSX, Linux and Windows
• Experience in developing web applications
• An understanding of animation production process
2-5 years of experience in software development
Who we are:
The Dev Group acts as authors, collaborators and gatekeepers of the Imageworks and Sony Pictures Animation pipeline and software. We work with productions to develop tools and technology that make our images great. Our engineering expertise spans the entire artist workflow, as well as the tools Imageworks uses to manage its assets and track its productions. We have a variety of technical challenges and are looking for individuals from varying backgrounds and expertise to provide diverse voices for creative engineering solutions. The pre-production team focuses on creating tools and technology for the pre-production team and works closely with directors, story, vizdev, editorial and previz artists.
If you are interested in things like:
• Finding new ways to improve organization and communication across multiple departments.
• Using and learning APIs across multiple applications to automate various time-consuming processes.
• Managing huge environments made up of thousands of assets, and determining how best to interact with them in a software package like Photoshop, and Maya modifying the assets simultaneously across multiple departments.
• Working closely with software vendors such as Autodesk, and Adobe in creating and improving artist's tools.
Sony Pictures Imageworks is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.