Assistant Technical Director
Sony ImageworksVancouver, BC
This was removed by the employer on 8/31/2021 12:57:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Search for Assistant Technical Director jobs in Vancouver-BC
Search all Assistant Technical Director postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Assistant Technical Director?
Full Time Job
Assistant Technical Director (ATD)
Reporting to the VFX and CG Supervisors, an Assistant Technical Director (ATD) will be involved in the creation and ongoing support of a large high-end visual effects pipeline and asset/project management system, as well as application tools and utilities. This a service-oriented role, working between productions and development, and the ATD should have a helpful, patient and accommodating personality.
• Develop and maintain scripts, tools and utilities for 3D and 2D artists.
• Work in and understand the SPI's proprietary pipeline
• Create, package, document and release tools for production use
• Help author production specific training materials for new hires
• Assist artists with technical issues anywhere in the production pipeline.
• Assist teams to optimize and reduce render times for various render passes
• Coordinate with the Render Efficiency Team to distribute and implement optimizations in production.
• Work as ''triage'' from time-to-time, acting as the point person for any and all production-related queries to the pipeline department.
• Identify workflow inefficiencies and work with artists and other pipeline teams to build scripts, tools and/or systems to improve these inefficiencies
• Strong interest in Film, Lighting and/or Compositing a plus
• Good Knowledge of at least one or more of the following 2D/3D software packages such as Maya, Katana, Houdini, Clarisse, and Nuke
• Programming experience, preferably in Python, Lua, C .
• Excellent problem-solving and interpersonal skills
• Bash/cshell/Linux knowledge
• Experience in code-sharing, revision control a plus
• Experience with Arnold or any other ray tracing-based renderers such as Vray, Mantra, Renderman or Mental Ray.
• Some experience writing shaders is a plus
• Some basic knowledge or experience as a 3D or 2D artist a plus
• Undergraduate or Graduate degree in Computing Science a plus